Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SAR9, the budget Glock killer

Nice, I'll remove the mag release and try that out. I'm glad you had the same issue and found the fix.  To be clear, you didn't just polish the mag release where the mags hit it, you trimmed it down so it would release sooner and be more out of the way?  BTW, does your ejector have a bend to the left and have you had any failure to eject issues?  

I'm hoping Carlos will help me out.  If they have updated the design due to known issues, then I would love it if they sent me that updated design.  I'll email him now!  

On 3/11/2019 at 2:06 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

The pistol uses metal MEC gar made magazines that can be bought for about $25. They drop free.

I handled one today, and am impressed for the money. I do not want to pay the $50 each  I found online for extra mags. Do you have a link to the $25 mags?

Respectfully,

I handled one today, and am impressed for the money. I do not want to pay the $50 each  I found online for extra mags. Do you have a link to the $25 mags?

Respectfully,

When I bought the pistol I had the shop order in 3 more mags for me. That was their price. I just told my phone to search for sar9 magazine in the first thing that came up was prepper gun shop for $26 each.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

After emailing with Freedomsmith, there are no plans to make a racer trigger or updated design. So, I have chamfered my trigger on the sides, and I may actually remove the bottom portion of the trigger that sticks out. I think most of the time my issue is when I'm too low on the trigger and I put pressure on that part instead of the dingus.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I found that the stock holster that came in the box with my Canik tp9sfx actually fits the Sar9 better (less rattle, good retention) than it does the Canik. The holsters on tp9sfx have undergone some changes. I think mine is most recent. Doesn't come with separate paddle, just 1 piece with 2 clips. would sure like to get some of the grit out of Sar9 trigger without big overhaul. ???

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...