Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide movement when the striker falls

B_RAD

This is something I've noticed for years. I've never let it bother me too much. Just wondered if anyone else noticed it too. 

Am I the only one that notices, different connectors make the slide move when the striker slams forward?   Even different connectors that are the same type? My therory is that because of the slide to from play and the different connectors angles keep the trigger bar and striker leg in contact longer.  Or it makes them contact each other in different spots. So that creates upward torque effect or a different movement on the slide and when the striker gets released, there is movement in the slide. Does it cause any negative affect?  Not sure. Probably not. Especially at the ranges we shoot. But I notice it.  If you want to see what I'm talking about, get your Glock and hold it in your left hand. Point it in a way that you can see the right side of the slide. Look at the gap in between the slide and the frame near the back part of the gun. Pull the trigger. See if the slide moves down and forward when the striker slams home. Obviously, you have to be sure you're not making the gun move when pulling the trigger.  I can see it do by looking at the sights while dry firing too. Especially, when dry firing one handed. The OEM "-" that I have in my gun now doesn't seem to do it at all.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, RJH said:

I have noticed it and it is not just glocks.  Basically and gun with loose tolerances between the frame and slide will do it, even sloppy 1911s.  

well, that does make sense. I've never noticed it but I'd bet you're right.

Yep it does happen, especially with the slide to frame rails loose tolerances. My p320 was way worse. Once you have loaded mag in gun, it pushes up on slide, doesn't happen anymore and trigger break is more crisp.