Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tigris Arms XT12 - True AR10 shotgun?

Rudukai13

http://tigrisarms.com/products

Ozguven Machine and Metal Industry is established in 2014, and they conduced Turkish Gun Industry with their innovations, R & D and Project management. 

Ozguven Machine and Metal Industry has announced with a big honor their TIGRIS model smoothbore 12 gauge shotgun which is convertible in 7,62*51 or .308 calibers easily with removing 2 pins and install 7,62*51 or .308 caliber barrel with handguard on receiver. They gave TIGRIS Model as a custom special product to serve Shooters, with a big honor by their high technology and Professional experiences. 

Ozguven Machine and Metal INdustry has 6 different PATENTS on operational parts and look of TIGRIS which is NEW PRODUCT in the World. Ozguven Machine and Metal INdustry proudly presents those PATENTS to easy usage for shooters and you can have a look PATENTS in their CATALOG & PATENTS button easily. 

Ozguven Machine and Metal Industry will continue to serve high quality and innovative guns for Shooters with their ‘’CONTINUOUS INNOVATION and FIRST IN THE WORLD’’ mottos.

Looks like another Turkish company but this appears to be a true AR10 platform gun, not a MKA1919 clone (note position of mag release button and safety, as well as claim of being compatible with 308 uppers). Looks relatively new? Hard to find much technical info

IMG_3839.JPG

24 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

No current US importer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I saw that as well. They appear to have just debuted this gun in December though, I imagine someone will have it here in a matter of time

I saw that as well. They appear to have just debuted this gun in December though, I imagine someone will have it here in a matter of time
Haha prob saw me asking ... But not knowing price as well as knowing how good the VR80 is so far, it might have some work to do !

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

You can buy these in Sweden now.
Initial reviews are good.
They work with 24g loads out of the box.
And the gas system is adjustable with a set screw on the outside.
I will go and look at one as soon as I can...

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

There are a couple russian videos about it on youtube.
Too bad I can't understand a word of it...
Anyone here understands Russian, and can give a lowdown on what he says?

This is an initial review, if I understand correctly:

And this is a follow up after 2000 rounds:

Apparantly there are already aftermarket comps, Magwells and handguards for them.

20 hours ago, grottulf said:

There are a couple russian videos about it on youtube.
Too bad I can't understand a word of it...
Anyone here understands Russian, and can give a lowdown on what he says?

Go to settings and change the language to whatever you want, then turn on CC.  Will translate and show on screen.  Not perfect but works.  I watch a lot of the Russian Practical Shooting videos, Find them interesting.

Go to settings and change the language to whatever you want, then turn on CC.  Will translate and show on screen.  Not perfect but works.  I watch a lot of the Russian Practical Shooting videos, Find them interesting.
Thanks, I didn't know of that function.
But I only managed to get Russian text...
I have activated Google texting in the settings for my account and choose Swedish.
But I only get the option for Russian autogenerated subtitles, when I choose settings for the video...
Any ideas?

Yeah, it would probably not take many lessons before one surpassed the language skills of Google translate...[emoji849]

I've managed to turn on cc on my desktop computer now, so I can watch it there.
But it doesn't work in the android app for some reason.

• 2 months later...

A second slightly revised version of the Tigris XR12 Pro has reached the Swedish dealers now.

Some of the visible changes are a larger magwell, longer handguard, new stock, ambi mag release.

I've ordered one of them, but it will probably take 5-6 weeks before I get the permit for it.

I'll be back with my first impressions when I get it...294ff4202a2c9a70667bc735eab9006e.jpg

• 8 months later...

Sorry, I totally forgot about this thread.

I had a lot of stovepipes issues with it at first.

But after I adjusted the ejector with a home made shim, it has worked perfectly.

There was some other minor issues as well.

I've emailed the factory with feedback and they have been very responsive, so I'm pretty confident they will have fixed all potential issues before they start to sell them in the US.

All in all, I really love the shotgun.

I mostly shot 28g shots due to the minimum power factor in IPSC, but it works fine with 24g as well.

Not sure what that is in oz, you do the math.

The recoil is really soft.

I think it has a lot to do with the rotating bolt design.

It's the first AR I've had that I don't feel the need to change anything about. 

I really like the pistol grip and the stock.

And I love the handguard.

The comp works great, and you can change chokes without loosening the comp.

You don't have to loosen the comp when you remove the handguard to service the gas system either.

I also love the low weight and the balance of it.

But in all fairness, I haven't shot a Derya MK-12(RIA VR80) or Typhoon F-12, so I can't say how it is compared to them.

• 5 months later...

There is still no US imported for the Tigris Arms XR12 PRO, but found out from their Rep in Turkey that 250 were imported under the Orthus brand as xr12 pro , I found one yesterday in an Ohio gun store and it is en route. I will add to this thread after I get, clean. lube and get it to the range.  The are on the high end of the AD12 price range, but already have things added that would have set me back some more cash anyways. I also own the VR80, F12 and a couple others to compare it to.

UTAS ORTHOS PRO AR 12 (2).jpg

Edited by slappyjack

3 hours ago, slappyjack said:

There is still no US imported for the Tigris Arms XR12 PRO, but found out from their Rep in Turkey that 250 were imported under the Orthus brand as xr12 pro , I found one yesterday in an Ohio gun store and it is en route. I will add to this thread after I get, clean. lube and get it to the range.  The are on the high end of the AD12 price range, but already have things added that would have set me back some more cash anyways. I also own the VR80, F12 and a couple others to compare it to.

UTAS ORTHOS PRO AR 12 (2).jpg

Cool! I look forward to hearing how it compares to the VR80 and F12.

There is a separate Orthos thread, but maybe it should be merged with this one...?

• 2 weeks later...

The shotgun shown at the top of the thread is being imported to the US under the Utas XTR 12 and if you want one shop wisely as on line costs vary as much as  five clams and several color choices!

In my above post I I also meant to state "They are on the high end of the AR12 style price range", not AD12.

762273889_UTASXTR12.thumb.jpg.550b9a21e8c3ecd83c61c0227cb8b21c.jpgXAR-4-1-2-scaled.thumb.jpg.194b14e9e39d2d04c4f9fb0ecbb87cad.jpgTirgis XR12PRO

1529433715_orthosxr12pro(2).jpg.fa786d98574d546e2385596b95423dbe.jpgORTHOS xr12pro

It is correct that they have a more basic model (called XIR I believe...?).

I don't know if that one has been exported to the US though.

But it is not the same as the Utas.

The Utas is also turkish, but it has been around for a while.

Edited by grottulf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 4:35 AM, PacMan said:

Out of curiousity I did a search and RSR Group has this brand listed under Ortho.  I don't have a dealer account so can't see pricing or availability

https://www.rsrgroup.com/search?Category=5&Facets[exclusive]=on&Facets[DEPT][]=zzz_5&Facets[MAN][]=zzz_orthos&LastFacet=MAN_zzz_orthos

The 250 that UTAS imported sold for around $1300, I would expect RSR to keep the MSRP around there as well, but a confirmation would be nice :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, gose said:

The 250 that UTAS imported sold for around $1300, I would expect RSR to keep the MSRP around there as well, but a confirmation would be nice :)

Mine was listed higher by the dealer in Ohio and at first did not want to go any lower than the price of 1625 with taxes & shipping. I truthfully told  them i could not pay above 1510, He agreed to 1508 & stated he would only make $8, but wanted it gone. The math between the 2 quotes would put his cost at $1300.  Earlier this year after Tirgis told me they were working a deal with "Black Aces" to be the US importer, they BA stated they were having second thoughts doing it as their cost to door would be around $1300 ea. I guess that to be the factor in why there is still not a US importer for them. Delivered to a owner in the UK is at $1,572.27 US

image.png

RSR is out of stock on the Othos xr12 pro, but they have the xtr12, Utas, much cheaper, but no magwell funnel, shorter handguard. lacks the lightening cuts.

Mark

Edited by mpom
Added info

8 hours ago, mpom said:

RSR is out of stock on the Othos xr12 pro, but they have the xtr12, Utas, much cheaper, but no magwell funnel, shorter handguard. lacks the lightening cuts.

Mark

Just to be clear though.

The Utas XTR 12 is a completely different shotgun from another manufacturer.

No side-charger, etc etc...

Not saying that either is better or worse though...