Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Connector??

HCH

7 hours ago, be032 said:

Do you know the approximate poundage of this? Does the NP3 improve the weight or just the smoothness?

It's a standard - minus connector so depends on your spring rates but it's one of the many light connectors on the market. A fancy coating on a stock connector means nothing unless it's tuned properly. Most factory glock parts have a Teflon coating on them now. 

29 minutes ago, Marshal82 said:

Do you know the approximate poundage of this? Does the NP3 improve the weight or just the smoothness?

What  Marshall said. It really doesn't do much more that you could get with a polished OEM connector. I like the OEM "-" configuration more than the box full of aftermarket connectors I have but your mileage might vary.

I take the OEM - minus connector, and tune it for the action I want. Typically I smooth the top kicker that resets the trigger so it's smoother in the slide. Slightly angle and smooth the edge that interfaces with the trigger bar. True and polish the whole thing up. 

Typically gives a fast reset that doesn't feel sluggish and yields a smooth slight rolling break. 

I have the a couple of overwatch triggers. The np3 coating doesn’t do jack. They just coat the trigger. Same for the connector. There’s tool marks on all the surfaces that need to be polished. The birds beak, the vertical extension that lifts the safety plunger. It might help but a good polish job is way better. So I think the same goes for the connector. Even TTI’s connectors has some kind of treatment. If you don’t do anything it will work might help a little, but a mirror polish is the way to max out the performance.