Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Connector??

HCH

You pretty much have to try them yourself. What one person likes may not feel good for you. With that said I never cared for the ghost connectors. I’ve tried quite s few and have narrowed it down to the oem Glock connectors, and Taran Tactical. The dot connector gives a nice wall and a quick break. The minus Glock has a slight wall, and a mushy break at the end of travel. The TTI is a nice rolling break, but it’s a long travel before it does.

1 hour ago, rooster said:

You pretty much have to try them yourself. What one person likes may not feel good for you. With that said I never cared for the ghost connectors. I’ve tried quite s few and have narrowed it down to the oem Glock connectors, and Taran Tactical. The dot connector gives a nice wall and a quick break. The minus Glock has a slight wall, and a mushy break at the end of travel. The TTI is a nice rolling break, but it’s a long travel before it does.

Is the long travel on the TTI just on the first shot, or every shot?

Glock trigger is pretty consistent, first to last shot. 

I run a TTI connector and spring kit in my 34 for Production and stock GSSF. 

my G40 came with a “-“ connector so I will probably just get the TTI spring kit when I get ready to go Limited 

I have a ghost and a “-“ in my spares kit box. 

I have a Zev, still has a slight "wall" w comp springs and 4.5lb striker spring, polished everything.

I have a Ghost whatever 3.3, also comp springs, stock striker spring, polished, it pretty much has a rolling break I prefer it slightly in slow fire.

They are both right about 4lb pulls IIRC, under match conditions I don't notice a difference.

11 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

TTI used to sell a grandmaster connector. You would make GM shortly after installing it, without fail.

That’s been off the market for several years now, so we have to practice these days, instead.

That was pre hhf update so even if they still made them they'd be M connectors. 

I can take my "ideal" connector from my main G34 and put it in my backup G34 and the feel is totally different.  Same with springs and everything else, which is why there is no best connector that can/will work in every Glock.  I have Lone Wolf in some, Ghost in others, a few old Scherer's in some as well.  I even have a Johnny Glock that works well in a few but not all.

Edited by vluc

11 minutes ago, vluc said:

I can take my "ideal" connector from my main G34 and put it in my backup G34 and the feel is totally different.  Same with springs and everything else, which is why there is no best connector that can/will work in every Glock.  I have Lone Wolf in some, Ghost in others, a few old Scherer's in some as well.  I even have a Johnny Glock that works well in a few but not all.

That inspires confidence haha

3 minutes ago, HCH said:

That's why there's no best. 

Like others have recommended, you might buy a couple different ones and switch back and forth to see what you like best. 

These parts are made in a way where the tolerances vary quite a bit. 

17 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

That's why there's no best. 

Like others have recommended, you might buy a couple different ones and switch back and forth to see what you like best. 

These parts are made in a way where the tolerances vary quite a bit. 

Oh I know, and everyone has a preference on what the trigger should feel like. 

I was just hoping that there may be two or three that were the “go-to”. 

21 minutes ago, HCH said:

It should, seriously.

It's why sand in the machinery doesn't affect that $500 Glock but brings the $3000 1911 to a standstill.  Tighter/looser tolerances.  Watch the limited and open shooters who drop a $150 mag during a reload rush to clean it out after shooting while the glock shooter picks it up, reloads it and then shoots some more.

Hello: Glock parts are cheap so buy and try till you find what you like best. I must have 10 different connectors and depending on which Glock I put them in they feel different. So I pick the one that makes it feel mushy like the other Glocks. I like a 2-3lb trigger pull so that is my other thing that it must pass. Thanks, Eric

6 hours ago, vluc said:

I can take my "ideal" connector from my main G34 and put it in my backup G34 and the feel is totally different.  Same with springs and everything else, which is why there is no best connector that can/will work in every Glock

That has also been my experience.

Ive only tried two, the Zev and Ghost Evo Elite. The Ghost Evo Elite is my favorite, no wall, just a rolling break. Extra heavy trigger spring, 4.5lb striker spring, and reduced power safety plunger. I have two gen 4's, 34 & 35 with this set up and they both feel the same except for one breaks just under 3lbs and the other trigger is 5 oz lighter.

My fav ones have been TTI, and sometimes Zev in certain guns. They will feel slightly different in every gun. I prefer light wall before break. Don't like any mushy or rolling break. These do that the best from my experience.