Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

red dot on shotgun??

all rule sets that I know of  Stealth is red dot on pistol only.

WELCOME TO OPEN ............WE HAVE COOKIES................

THIS MONTH.....   White macadamia nut .

5 hours ago, AHI said:

all rule sets that I know of  Stealth is red dot on pistol only.

Which other matches or rule sets have "stealth"? 

Originated in AZ with IMA-SMM3G.  Hoping it has spread East, would be nice to see.

local range based ther rules on smm3g 

At least we have a printed set of rules. some don't.

Edited by AHI
removed link third of the Enos forn BS

5 hours ago, AHI said:

local range based ther rules on smm3g (http://www.cvrp.org/outlaw3gun-rules.pdf)

At least we have a printed set of rules. some don't.

Whoever wrote your stealth rules didn't pay attention to the original rules very well. Rifle is supposed to be basically an open rifle and if you have a bipod it stays on the gun. Shotgun is allowed to have a dot and tube length is restricted. For pistol 140mm mags with iron sights and standard mags for a slide ride dot. 

stealth is tack ops rifle, shotgun, and a red dot slide ride on pistol. same as original SMM3G rules.  

140 mm pistol mag for dublestack and 170mm for sengal stack, and as stated based on not same.

rules are almost word for word of original rules. 

1 hour ago, AHI said:

stealth is tack ops rifle, shotgun, and a red dot slide ride on pistol. same as original SMM3G rules.  

140 mm pistol mag for dublestack and 170mm for sengal stack, and as stated based on not same.

rules are almost word for word of original rules. 

That's not what the SMM3G Stealth Division rules are at all... it looks like they are running their local variation. I would encourage you to take a look at the thread I linked to above, or download the rules from the SMM3G website. Under IMA-SMM3G rules, a red dot is allowed on the shotgun (which was the original question). I folks want to have the same opportunity locally without being pushed into Open, talk to your MD and ask them to consider adopting SMM3G rules.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

OK I will tell them to drop the category the next time some one shows up with a red dot on pistol and other wise tac ops they go to 

OPEN.                This has been a very popular category.   o well.  I'll pass it onto the other    3- 4 ranges doing the same.  DONE.

Edited by AHI

Nothing wrong with using a reddot on pistol and TO legal rifle and shotgun in stealth, its just legal to have a dot on shotgun and 2 optics on rifle and a bipod. Nothing says those accessories are manditory...

ps: Stealth does have some other restrictions, like 30 round rifle mags and such...maybe ya oughta go to Stealtys link above and READ the rules...

Edited by RiggerJJ