Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elitists

jakenmorty

What I can't stand is unhelpful, elitist veteran shooters.  I've been shooting guns for 25 of my 33 years on this planet, but have only been doing USPSA for ohhh....two months now.  I'm definitely improving, and more importantly, keep showing up to the same two or three matches, every week.  Now, don't get me wrong, I don't let it bother me to the point that it's ever going to stop me from being me, or doing what I love.  In fact, the majority of the people I've met over the last couple months have been really cool, genuinely nice people.  That said, it seems like no matter where I go, there is a group, like a high school clique, of the best shooters who are just out and out jerks.  Rude, unhelpful, condescending assholes for lack of a better term.  Its unfortunate too, because this group of guys is the group whose brains I'd most like to pick.  As much as I hate to admit it, they're really fast, very impressive shooters.  They know things I haven't even thought of yet, but they act as if they were never new, as if they came out of the whom and could run 34 round field stages in 18 seconds.  I hate that so far my experience has been that the best don't want to share their knowledge.  Like they're above it.  Like teaching, or hell, even pointing out something that might be helpful to a newer shooter would somehow make them less of a shooter.  It's fine though, because aside from the fact that I love doing this so much that even though I have to wake up earlier than I have to for work, and drive an hour and a half just so I can get stomped, their trashy attitude and general indifference is what drives me to practice harder, learn more, get better so that one day they have to look at the match results and see my name at the top.  Mark my words.  It will happen, and I will revel in it.

I feel better now :)

From the Hate Forum guidelines:

" • If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself. "

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting  related (which are out of bounds. )Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)

Hate Forum Rules: https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/8097-hate-forum-guidelines/

[note: this is a generic reply]