Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which base pads cz shadow 2

urmaker45

4 minutes ago, robchavous said:

https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-sp01-shadow-2-5-6-basepad-by-henning/

Yeah they aren't exactly cheap. Still better than dealing with 2011 mags.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Can I use it without gram followers to save a little money ? Any reliability issues you think ? The way I read it only adds another couple rounds ?

Can I use it without gram followers to save a little money ? Any reliability issues you think ? The way I read it only adds another couple rounds ?
Probably. You'd lose some spring tension running the 17rd spring with the extended pad. That might lead to reliability issues down the road. And yeah the follower difference is probably only 1-2 rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've settled on the Henning baseplates too, absolutely love how the baseplate sits more flush to the front of the mag unlike other baseplates. I thought I wouldn't like it or notice a difference in that feature, but once I put them on, I immediately noticed it and liked it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve tried both Springers and Henning’s and eventually went with Henning’s pro model. The SP’s are good and cheap but can be over inserted. I’ve done it only during slide lock but it’s enough to make me pay the extra cash. 

Side note, if you buy 6+ the pads are $17. Not bad considering the quality 

21 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

I’ve had 2 tti  base pads crack on me and they were relatively new. It could be I just have bad luck.

i think henning is just better quality, that’s just the information I’m gathering 

I own all three (Henning, TTI, Springer). They’re all well made, however, the Henning paint seems to hold the best. It also has checkering on the bottom which I feel is a bonus. I would say Henning is the best

I've always had good luck with TTI and was just going to go that direction.  I would go Henning, but it's hard for me to justify the cost difference; especially when they have their big sales. 

Edited by chenault

25 minutes ago, chenault said:

I've always had good luck with TTI and was just going to go that direction.  I would go Henning, but it's hard for me to justify the cost difference; especially when they have their big sales. 

That true I don’t blame you tti has some ridiculous sales sometimes

46 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

That true I don’t blame you tti has some ridiculous sales sometimes

It seems like there is something I'm missing though.  People keep referring the Hennings.  Is there something the TTIs don't do, like not as many in the mag?  I'm not really that loyal, just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.

4 minutes ago, chenault said:

It seems like there is something I'm missing though.  People keep referring the Hennings.  Is there something the TTIs don't do, like not as many in the mag?  I'm not really that loyal, just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.

I think it’s cause when most people think of TTI they think of glocks right? I would think a lot of people would agree. 

Then when I think of henning I think about Cz and Tanfoglio, for some reason it seems more high end. 

This is just me guessing,  but to be honest get what you can and just shoot and training with what you got. I would go with either.

53 minutes ago, Czgunsalot said:

I think it’s cause when most people think of TTI they think of glocks right? I would think a lot of people would agree. 

Then when I think of henning I think about Cz and Tanfoglio, for some reason it seems more high end. 

This is just me guessing,  but to be honest get what you can and just shoot and training with what you got. I would go with either.

Guess so.  I'm coming from the Sig x-5 world where I had Springer and TTI.  Hated the Springers, they secure with an alen wrench and it was just a pain getting them on and off all the time, so when I found TTI it was like a godsend. 

I'm actually brand new to the CZ world so I'm trying to know what I don't know.  Seems like a lot lol.

Edited by chenault