Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SW 929 reloads for ICORE?

Demus319

I just bought a SW929 to shoot ICORE. I don’t have a chrono at this time so what’s a good load,  OAL?

I use HP 38 at 3.5 and TG at 3.2 powders,  SNS bullets for my production gun. I’m getting some 147gn Blue bullets in today. 

I see some guys use range brass and some only use Winchester . Is that a big deal?

Thanks

I use only Winchester brass in TK moons..  Mixed brass will cause you all kinds of problems so whatever you chose for manufacturer,  stick to it.  I use 147gr RN Blue Bullets iver 3.4gr N320 @ 1.15”.  If you do a search I started a thread a couple years back for 929 specific loads,  you’ll get a bunch of info there!!!

Win brass in Revo Supply "extreme" clips .040, because they fit the best, for me!

2.8 grains TG, 160 Bayou, Fed spp, Col 1.150

Obviously for a 147 your going to have to go up some.

My bbl has been re-clocked and the forcing cone cut and cyl gap set at .005.  I loose about 4 PF going from an auto loader to the revolver.

So depending on what your production load power factor is you may beable to use the same load.

It' will be fine to start with that.

You're going to have to get to a chrono.

Cause going sub minor at a match: is shooting for no score in uspsa and I believe a 360 second penalty in ICORE.

Have u found the nickel WIN cases to be tighter?  I have but it can’t be just the plating can it?  I assume the plating is just microns thick.  All I had at one time was clean nickel cases and I had to reshape my demooning tool they were so hard to remove from the moon clip.

Mike

I use brass cases currently

But want to get some nickel to try.  Friend has some nickel Speer he's going to get to me 

When I get them I'll try them and let you know.

Haven't found a source of nickel Win cases yet.

Neil

Winchester likes to bind in my TK .040 clips. I try to sort them out but some get through and eventually they stick in the moonclip checker.

With 147gr .358" bullets (not 9mm/.355), 3.0 of Bullseye with an OAL of 1.150" will get you around 125pf, and it's very accurate.

With the 9mm/.355 147gr bullets the velocity will be less and the accuracy will be worse. No real experience with TG or HP38.

2 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Winchester likes to bind in my TK .040 clips. I try to sort them out but some get through and eventually they stick in the moonclip checker.

With 147gr .358" bullets (not 9mm/.355), 3.0 of Bullseye with an OAL of 1.150" will get you around 125pf, and it's very accurate.

With the 9mm/.355 147gr bullets the velocity will be less and the accuracy will be worse. No real experience with TG or HP38.

So pretty much anything but Winchester?

Just now, 1911Prof said:

So pretty much anything but Winchester?

Remington is much too small. I wanted to try the ShellShock cases but they're too small too. I haven't really tried anything else, I just found that Blazer works so I buy sorted brass from guys online and just use that. I sort when it goes into the moonclip/moonclip checker, and sometimes I find pieces that weren't sorted from other manufacturers, so those go in the garbage pile. Haven't really found a good use for them because they're too long for an auto and the bullets are slightly thicker than 9mm.