Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Slide Locks...do they really aid accuracy/fit?

wanttolearn

I've read a number of times people advocating changing out the Glock Slide Lock in an effort to improve the quality of fit and accuracy.

Is there any validity to this recommendation, and if so is there a preferred brand/model.

I fair rather competitively and accurately with a 1911.

I absolutely understand that the Glock 34 is not a bullseye pistol by design and while mine is fairly accurate, improving accuracy remains a desirable goal.

I've considered fitting a match Bar-Sto barrel to my Gen 3 model 34 and while  perhaps the best option it remains quite expensive and somewhat out of my reach financially.

thank you

Edited by wanttolearn

I’ve read other threads that this is a possibility, but I personally don’t think it would have the big an effect on accuracy. You might try changing the locking block to the Lone Wolf model. I’ve read that many shooters feel that makes a difference.  I’ve changed my locking block, slide lock and barrel and while I like the way my 34 shoots, I reall can’t say with any certainty that these new parts made a significant difference. 

There was a guy on Glock Talk that was making them several years ago. He said that you can look at the wear pattern on the stock one to see if it was even, and that makes sense to me. He sold many of them and most everyone said they saw an improvment.

My guns are way more accurate than me so I keep trying to improve Scott!

In my post, I'm talking about the slide lock. Too many people get this part confused with the slide stop. The slide stop has nothing to do with acuracy, however the slide could have an effect on accuracy. As I said in my previous post, my guns are more accurate than me straight out of the box. 

22 minutes ago, BigMoneyGrip said:

In my post, I'm talking about the slide lock. Too many people get this part confused with the slide stop. The slide stop has nothing to do with acuracy, however the slide could have an effect on accuracy. As I said in my previous post, my guns are more accurate than me straight out of the box. 

can you referance the part you are talking about https://www.brownells.com/schematics/glock-/models-17-43-sid858.aspx

part #22 is my guess.

1 hour ago, AHI said:

can you referance the part you are talking about https://www.brownells.com/schematics/glock-/models-17-43-sid858.aspx

part #22 is my guess.

I'm talking about #21, the slide lock. While in battery, the barrel is locked in by the slide lock. The slide stop, #27, has absolutely nothing to do with accuracy. As mentioned earlier, you can shoot the gun with out that part. 

By looking at the wear pattern on the slide lock, you can tell if it is locking evenly across the surface where the barrel locks on it. All of my guns have an even pattern. I have seen other guns where they have more wear on one side. I can see where this could have an effect on the accuracy. 

35 minutes ago, BigMoneyGrip said:

I'm talking about #21, the slide lock. While in battery, the barrel is locked in by the slide lock. The slide stop, #27, has absolutely nothing to do with accuracy. As mentioned earlier, you can shoot the gun with out that part. 

By looking at the wear pattern on the slide lock, you can tell if it is locking evenly across the surface where the barrel locks on it. All of my guns have an even pattern. I have seen other guns where they have more wear on one side. I can see where this could have an effect on the accuracy. 

thanks now I under stand what you are talking about

Edited by AHI