Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom LTD 357 Sig

BOISCOID

Looking into a sem-custom 357 sig 2011 ltd gun.   I'm only aware of CK arms currently offering the chambering through their Limited Solution model.    Are there any other custom shops I should be talking to?

Edited by BOISCOID
Greater Clarity on specifics

Looking into a custom 357 sig ltd gun.   I'm only aware of CK arms currently offering the chambering through their Limited Solution model.    Are there any other custom shops I should be talking to?

do you live in Australia?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nope, located in the US.   Have read about the round being popular in the land down under.   Similar restrictions in AUS making the 357sig a go to like the 38 super in Mexico, correct?

Nope, located in the US.   Have read about the round being popular in the land down under.   Similar restrictions in AUS making the 357sig a go to like the 38 super in Mexico, correct?

ok just thought you might be getting a competition gun for Australia. im sure anybody could build you a 357 sig as it's the same exact breech face as a 40/10mm. kkm and other companies make barrels in that config. collectors piece?

No I plan on switching back to 357 sig but in a 2011 gun.   While the 357 sig has a lot more muzzle blast, the recoil is softer then my 40 loads.  My 40 has alot more bullet drop and reliability issues when I try to drop the PF below 170, it works best at 175-180 with 180gr bullets .   My 357 hums right along at 167pf with 125gr pills. 

I should restate as looking for semi-custom.   As awesome full blown custom would be,  $5k budget is a tough meal to eat. 

No I plan on switching back to 357 sig but in a 2011 gun.   While the 357 sig has a lot more muzzle blast, the recoil is softer then my 40 loads.  My 40 has alot more bullet drop and reliability issues when I try to drop the PF below 170, it works best at 175-180 with 180gr bullets .   My 357 hums right along at 167pf with 125gr pills. 

I should restate as looking for semi-custom.   As awesome full blown custom would be,  $5k budget is a tough meal to eat. 
Call KKM precision, Schuemann and other ball manufacturers to see what your options are. They could definitely make a custom barrel for you. Buy an STI Edge and get the barrel fitted

2 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Call KKM precision, Schuemann and other ball manufacturers to see what your options are. They could definitely make a custom barrel for you. Buy an STI Edge and get the barrel fitted

That's a great suggestion,  I hadn't thought about buying a separate barrel for an already built gun. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 40c limited guns and all have 357sig  barrels. All you need is a short chamber 9mm barrel and have it fitted and chamber  reamed. I have a ton of info on sig been running them for many many years if you need any help with loading or anything let me know. 

I also  straighten the tapered neck to stop bullets setback with that Dillon  9x25 cut down sizing die here’s  a couple pictures.

EA9FB8FD-B00F-46A7-82B3-C6B5F870C4A5.jpeg

E9A8E5B3-AE63-4297-AC81-09E0030C597D.jpeg

09191A9F-53A7-48EF-A9E6-744EEF5457B3.jpeg

On 3/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, BOISCOID said:

lol, nonsense. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, PharmDShooter said:

The rule book has .357 Sig now listed as a caliber capable of making major. I thought this as well until I looked. 

I think they may have added it maybe two years ago? Not exactly sure but its been legal for a while in USPSA as well.