Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 92X Performance

40 minutes ago, gnappi said:

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

beretta_96X-performance_nsn.jpg

Nice!

But the mags can probably only 15 or 16 rounds of .40....right?

Also, I like the more traditional curved backstrap.  The grips on my M9A3 kinda simulates that. 

Would said curved grips also fit the 92X?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the safety. No the standard mags for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the frame mounted safety. The standard mags for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

The X'perf comes with curved back strap grips. Standard 92/96 grips do not fit due to the frame mounted safety. The standard mag for a 96 is 11 rounds (or add a +1 BP) so if you convert it you're stuck there unless you can find Mec Gar 15 round .40 mags. 

Bear in mind the gun was planned as a production division (10 rds.) gun and it has nits for many especially me. But as a .40 it knocks down steel setup on a windy day to not fall over, I like that more than I dislike the rail, stippling, sight overhang on the hammer, and grooved trigger. I wish they weren't there but it's usable as it is.

The X also comes with a curved back strap grip (other 92/96 grips do not fit) and the standard 96 .40 mags are 11 rounds, that is unless you can find some Mec Gar 15 round mags.

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is 🙂

It has several nits I don't like much like but again it is what it is.

9 hours ago, Chills1994 said:

Nice!

Also, I like the more traditional curved backstrap.  The grips on my M9A3 kinda simulates that. 

The X also comes with a curved back strap grip (other 92/96 grips do not fit) and the standard 96 .40 mags are 11 rounds, that is unless you can find some Mec Gar 15 round mags.

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is

23 hours ago, gnappi said:

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

Are those adjustable sights the ones from the 92X, and will the adjustable sights fit on a 92 Brigadier?

On 10/15/2020 at 12:57 AM, Chills1994 said:

Nice!

Bear in mind the X was a purpose built production gun, and I would have preferred Beretta supply with 15 round mags but as it is it is what it is

FWIW, I was able to shoot a few hundred out of a 92x.  A couple quick points:

-Fair accurate to include molys - here is some load data for context:

-147 Ibeji FP, 1.10 OAL, N310 2.8 gr - 873 fps

-138 Ibeji RN, 1.10 OAL, N320, 2.9 gr - 942 fps

-Fit and finish are oustanding - barrel didnt have any issues with bullet contacting the rifling - very forgiving

-Very soft shooting, try an 11lbs recoil spring to start

-Out of the box the reset doesnt need any tweaking - just adjust the hammer spring to get the double action pull manageable

-I couldnt get over how big the frame is - a small frame Tanfo / CZ75 series is perfect - this is just too big.

Other than that, great gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked one of these up.   I there a consensus that the extractor spring needs to be replaced with the Wilson +50% , out of the box? 

Secondly, I may have missed it, but does anyone know what the recoil/hammer spring rates are from the factory? 

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally handled and shot one.  I love the weight and the shape of the frame. I was expecting a better trigger. It stacked and was gritty in SA. Hate the rear sight, just too small in size for me. 

Now to look for a used one for cheap.😀