Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Stony Lane

NEW 92X Performance

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

IPSC doesn't have a box for Production.

I quoted:

"92XPerf is now USPSA Production legal. Have to take off one or reduce the safeties to fit the box. "

And USPSA DOES, unless my 2020 rule book is incorrect and I said "competitors" nothing about IPSC 

Edited by gnappi

2 hours ago, gnappi said:

I quoted:

"92XPerf is now USPSA Production legal. Have to take off one or reduce the safeties to fit the box. "

And USPSA DOES, unless my 2020 rule book is incorrect and I said "competitors" nothing about IPSC 

USPSA has a box for Prod. IPSC does not. They aren't the same rules. Thus, Beretta designed the pistol without concern for width because in IPSC it doesn't matter. 

27 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

USPSA has a box for Prod. IPSC does not. They aren't the same rules. Thus, Beretta designed the pistol without concern for width because in IPSC it doesn't matter. 

As was said in other threads in the U.S there are few enough IPSC matches to be of concern. I could give a crap less whether peeps buy them, as a matter of fact, if they're discontinued as most "float a balloon" designs Beretta comes out with have been, I have (when I get it back) mine 🙂

The 92X Performance was designed by the Italians primarily for IPSC in Europe and the rest of the world.  Beretta USA, as I understand it,  was not involved in the project.

(The ideal US gun would be the steel frame, no safety levers, with a vertec G slide!)

On 3/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Stony Lane said:

The 92X Performance was designed by the Italians primarily for IPSC in Europe and the rest of the world.  Beretta USA, as I understand it,  was not involved in the project.

(The ideal US gun would be the steel frame, no safety levers, with a vertec G slide!)

Maybe a Vertec "G" would sell, maybe.

Considering from the USPSA site...

"Our over 31,000 active members and over 440 affiliated clubs makes USPSA the largest practical shooting organization in the United States"

I think they may have missed some customers here?

Posted (edited)

I shot a brand new 92x Performance today, being a veteran I have little love for the 92fs, WOW what a difference, the safety is where it should be, trigger reset was very short, and I liked the sights, the owner was shooting a shotgun pattern at 10 yards, while he was shooting my Infinity I shot a mag of his white box Winchester, I really think I could have done the Lethal Weapon happy face.

Edited by 427Cobra

Does anyone know where I can get the 92x configuration for open?