Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW 92X Performance


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

 

IPSC doesn't have a box for Production.

I quoted:

 

"92XPerf is now USPSA Production legal. Have to take off one or reduce the safeties to fit the box. "

 

And USPSA DOES, unless my 2020 rule book is incorrect and I said "competitors" nothing about IPSC 

Edited by gnappi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gnappi said:

I quoted:

 

"92XPerf is now USPSA Production legal. Have to take off one or reduce the safeties to fit the box. "

 

And USPSA DOES, unless my 2020 rule book is incorrect and I said "competitors" nothing about IPSC 

 

USPSA has a box for Prod. IPSC does not. They aren't the same rules. Thus, Beretta designed the pistol without concern for width because in IPSC it doesn't matter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

 

USPSA has a box for Prod. IPSC does not. They aren't the same rules. Thus, Beretta designed the pistol without concern for width because in IPSC it doesn't matter. 

As was said in other threads in the U.S there are few enough IPSC matches to be of concern. I could give a crap less whether peeps buy them, as a matter of fact, if they're discontinued as most "float a balloon" designs Beretta comes out with have been, I have (when I get it back) mine 🙂

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 92X Performance was designed by the Italians primarily for IPSC in Europe and the rest of the world.  Beretta USA, as I understand it,  was not involved in the project.

(The ideal US gun would be the steel frame, no safety levers, with a vertec G slide!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 3:15 PM, Stony Lane said:

The 92X Performance was designed by the Italians primarily for IPSC in Europe and the rest of the world.  Beretta USA, as I understand it,  was not involved in the project.

(The ideal US gun would be the steel frame, no safety levers, with a vertec G slide!)

 

Maybe a Vertec "G" would sell, maybe.

 

Considering from the USPSA site...

 

"Our over 31,000 active members and over 440 affiliated clubs makes USPSA the largest practical shooting organization in the United States"

 

I think they may have missed some customers here?

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I shot a brand new 92x Performance today, being a veteran I have little love for the 92fs, WOW what a difference, the safety is where it should be, trigger reset was very short, and I liked the sights, the owner was shooting a shotgun pattern at 10 yards, while he was shooting my Infinity I shot a mag of his white box Winchester, I really think I could have done the Lethal Weapon happy face.

Edited by 427Cobra
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/20/2020 at 5:35 AM, Jamese35 said:

Does anyone know where I can get the 92x configuration for open?

I read that Beretta had planned a full out "race" version (actually three XP models total including the first model we already have now showing up in stores) of the X'perf but with their shutdown and other problems with the current model have put everything in the air. A DWX might be a better new release to bet on 🙂

 

If I had the opportunity to shoot my X'perf alongside my side my Tanfo Limited Pro I'd not have bought the Beretta. It seems as if EVERY reviewer is a sycophant on Beretta's teat that can find nothing odd about the X. Nice gun, but not now or ever gonna be a race gun, IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, gnappi said:

I read that Beretta had planned a full out "race" version (actually three XP models total including the first model we already have now showing up in stores) of the X'perf but with their shutdown and other problems with the current model have put everything in the air. A DWX might be a better new release to bet on 🙂

 

If I had the opportunity to shoot my X'perf alongside my side my Tanfo Limited Pro I'd not have bought the Beretta. It seems as if EVERY reviewer is a sycophant on Beretta's teat that can find nothing odd about the X. Nice gun, but not now or ever gonna be a race gun, IMO. 

 

I think the feedback on the Beretta forum has been similar to yours, provided that the feedback comes from someone using it in competitive events. 

 

Still a lot to like about it, but imperfect

 

The smaller safety levers (and XL) just got posted on the Beretta USA site. I ordered a set in hopes that it resolves the unreachable slide lock issue. I don't like the way the vertec grip feels and the slide could have used some grip wings in place of where the slide safeties used to be (ala VP9). I can run it just fine as is, but I'll probably move to a Shadow 2 eventually.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, porkster said:

 

I think the feedback on the Beretta forum has been similar to yours, provided that the feedback comes from someone using it in competitive events. 

 

Still a lot to like about it, but imperfect

 

The smaller safety levers (and XL) just got posted on the Beretta USA site. I ordered a set in hopes that it resolves the unreachable slide lock issue. I don't like the way the vertec grip feels and the slide could have used some grip wings in place of where the slide safeties used to be (ala VP9). I can run it just fine as is, but I'll probably move to a Shadow 2 eventually.

 

So everyone who bought one to evaluate for competition and decided it's not their cup o tea should have their opinion disregarded? With that logic even shooting stars and gun mag reviewers who no longer or never did compete those opinions are worthless. 

 

You're right, there's a lot to like about it, but we'll see if shooters use it. 

 

Anyone in So.Flo who would like to test drive mine, PM me, bring your ammo and buckazoids for local range time and I'll let you have a tryout, can't beat that !  🙂 

Edited by gnappi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone else is interested in modified levers and slide release:

 

Here is a picture of my ground down lever with my hand in the shooting position but thumb under the levers:

20200803_213606.jpg

And a clearer picture of the side. 

20200803_213630.jpg

 

These are the Beretta slim safety levers with the left side ground down even further with an extended slide release.

Edited by porkster
pic link
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

As of now, my X'perf is back on the way to Beretta for the second time. After getting it back (was there 4 months) it functioned perfectly for around 200 rounds (Winchester white box) and upon taking it home to clean it, the slide would not come off... again... but this time it took a wood dowel under the rear sight blade and a rubber mallet to get it off. And NO this has NOTHING to do with "tight tolerances of a competition gun" as has been suggested, that is unless these tight tolerances are expected to change and get tighter as it's used 🙂 

 

Anyway, I found the issue. Inside the frame just under the front most portion where the rail ends, the metal has "closed" sufficiently to keep the locking block (and a half dozen other LB's and barrels I have) from moving forward of the points in the pic below. The LB stops dead in it's track right where a spare LB is in the pic.

 

Curious that Beretta claimed the take down latch was the cause, but on both sides where the red arrows are there are distinct marks which look like either a file or dremel was taken to relieve it. At this point I suspect a hardening issue, and I hope they replace the frame. 

 

 

locking block jam.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Strongly looking at this as a production gun - a couple questions and I apologize if they've been answered else where:

-Any throat issues with 147 RN Blues and other similar molys?
-Any 147 plated or 165 plated load data with N320 or Titegroup?

 

A local buddy who runs on had a series of issues with failures to eject - casings getting stuck and causing malfunctions - anyone have issues with that?
Thanks,

Tom

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rpm8300 said:

Strongly looking at this as a production gun - a couple questions and I apologize if they've been answered else where:

-Any throat issues with 147 RN Blues and other similar molys?
-Any 147 plated or 165 plated load data with N320 or Titegroup?

 

A local buddy who runs on had a series of issues with failures to eject - casings getting stuck and causing malfunctions - anyone have issues with that?
Thanks,

Tom

Wilson's extra strength extractor spring clears up most of the extraction issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, porkster said:

Agreed, a number of us were able to remedy the FTE issue with the 150% wilson spring. Mine has had zero issues since. 

Thanks for the input - do any of you guys mind sharing some load data to get started?  I'm looking at using some Stock 2 load data but the Beretta's barrel is an unknown.  Any throating issues?  Thanks,

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 10:16 PM, porkster said:

In case anyone else is interested in modified levers and slide release:

 

Here is a picture of my ground down lever with my hand in the shooting position but thumb under the levers:

20200803_213606.jpg

And a clearer picture of the side. 

20200803_213630.jpg

 

These are the Beretta slim safety levers with the left side ground down even further with an extended slide release.


porkster,

 

care to share details on your grinding process? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, Chills1994 said:

I am ASSuming there isn't a .40 cal version....at least not yet???

 

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

beretta_96X-performance_nsn.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gnappi said:

 

Well, yes and no. Any 96D slide is inexpensively "modded" to fit the 92X, all it needs is to have the left side of the slide cut for the safety paddle. A 96D Brig slide can have Beretta front and rear adj sights installed also.

beretta_96X-performance_nsn.jpg


Nice!

 

But the mags can probably only 15 or 16 rounds of .40....right?

 

Also, I like the more traditional curved backstrap.  The grips on my M9A3 kinda simulates that. 
 

Would said curved grips also fit the 92X?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...