Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Stony Lane

NEW 92X Performance

Put the 92fs grip back on it, and then I will need it. Till then, I am fast and happy with my Italian made 92fs. 

42 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Put the 92fs grip back on it, and then I will need it. Till then, I am fast and happy with my Italian made 92fs. 

Could you use the grip that comes with the M9A3 I wonder?

I preordered one with an ETA of June. Supposedly Beretta will be announcing 6-8 new 92 models at the NRA show in April. 

That sounds awesome. I’m guessing with the success of Walther’s competition program, others are following suit. Beretta is a great design to run with. Best of luck with the new blaster when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, RJH said:

Could you use the grip that comes with the M9A3 I wonder?

No, it's a Vertex frame right?

19 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

No, it's a Vertex frame right?

Pretty sure the 92x and m9a3 are vertex frames.  I know the m9a3 comes with a separate grip to make the grip like a standard 92, if you want it that way.  Might have to trim it for the thumb safety on the 92x  though

Any updates on when these will land in the US?

Any idea how long the trigger reach is in comparison to regular 92? I struggle with the trigger reach on standard 92 and was hoping this one was shorter.

With Grams followers you can get capacity to 17 for 40. That was the best I was ever able to get. 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, Aggie said:

Any updates on when these will land in the US?

+1

Would like to know

On 5/2/2019 at 5:02 AM, mwx40x40 said:

Any idea how long the trigger reach is in comparison to regular 92? I struggle with the trigger reach on standard 92 and was hoping this one was shorter.

The Vertec grip frame has a shorter reach than the standard 92. I picked up a 92 from an older run of Vertec frames and love it. I've got big mitts with short fingers and got rid of my other 92's.

USPSA email had a note about this today from Recoil Mag: https://www.recoilweb.com/the-beretta-92x-performance-pistol-149496.html

Two quotes of interest:

"It was explained that once Beretta reaches 2000 units of the 92X, they will become USPSA production legal"

"Beretta is currently waiting for the ATF to approve the import of the firearm. You can expect these to be in country in the early fall."

Yesterday was the first time I saw this gun.

From what I can tell I think it is fantastic and my primary use would be IPSC.

I was in contact with our importer (Europe) and he said they have ordered a few and will be available sometimes after September or even October.

I am planning to make a reservation on one. 

Can you talk me out of it? :D

This seems to be the best priced steel framed 92 option.  I am also planning on one because, why not?  This was built for shooters since it has a proper thumb safety and the shorter reach vertec frame.  I REALLY like the fusion frame and slide but Beretta went stupid on the pricing and limited blah blah blah...  I probably wouldn't mind it if Beretta sold bare frames and slides...

Can anyone comment on the feel of that tang?  I want one of these if the tang doesn't dig into the back of my hand . . . 

After reading does it seem possible to use in carry optics, weight looks to be to heavy and the slide is already scalloped. but if it could picks my interest.

I hope they fixed the grip, the 92 was very thick for me. If the ergonomics have been slimmed down I will in for one. I just sold all my tanfoglios and need something to replace it with.

Just seen this, guess they have a whole 92X line but the"Performance" is the only steel frame version?  

92x

16 hours ago, Sawdustnsteel said:

Yup, he’s been gushing about it at Magnussports Las Vegas.

just me but a guy who’s shot tanfogs, limcats et al likes your gun... that says more than YouTube vids.

It says services available for highest bidder.