Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sigarmsp226

Best horizonal mag holder for Glock 9mm - 32 rd mag with Taylor Extension

Posted (edited)

Wanted to ask for recommendations from those here who currently utilize a mag holder to hold a Glock 9mm - 32 round mag with a mag extension mounted on your shooting beltt in the center of your back on a horizonal plane. Understanding that it needs to remain secure when running and gunning as a back (no pun intended there) up mag....

Make and Model please that you use and are happy with is appreciated.....Thanks Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

Posted (edited)

Coda 5” with a bladetech Mount works great is cheap and reliable. I typically only use it for my starting mag but if it’s a high round stage (uml)I will use it with a 42 to 57 stick. I’ve never had a mag fall out. I use da race masters with the Glock inserts and a piece of cardboard I cut to fit, placed between the carrier body and back insert. It hold 33 round mags without issue of falling out. 

EA0C24B6-61DE-4A0F-AD7B-C7A7CE9CF72A.jpeg

E26D259B-40FE-4D6D-A501-C57FD8FE2FBE.jpeg

Edited by Bwillis

I already had several Double Alpha mags so I just added their extension to one which worked well for me but have only competed in one match with it so far. 

Extended Mag Pouch Spacer

I’ll 2nd the UM Tactical big stick holder, been using for over a year and have had zero issues.

6 hours ago, Bwillis said:

Coda 5”

This is what I am using. Works very well 

I don’t run with a big stick mag in front and have only found it necessary for mandatory reload type stages. I just use two regular mag holder with 2x140 mags that gives me 44+ rounds in case I need it. 

Weber tactical is what you need. He's a nice guy that will treat you right.

+1 for Weber Tactical.   Got them for my Colt and Glock PCCs.  Great Stuff!

Anyone have the coda in stock? Anything bigger than a 20 round Colt falls out of my current configuration. 

I give a 3rd thumbs up to UM tactical Glock Big Stick mag pouches. Never failed me.

I like them so much that when i converted over to a SIG MPX I bought their pouches again for the SIG magazines. They work equally as well.

LAG tactical has some nice pouches. Picked up 2 of them.
0f0bf1e7bd84124b565167e1cb618c5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 8:00 AM, Cowboy1629 said:

I already had several Double Alpha mags so I just added their extension to one which worked well for me but have only competed in one match with it so far. 

Extended Mag Pouch Spacer

Thanks for the tip, I might try this for my backup mag.

For mandatory reloads I've liked the normal length DA with a 32 round mag without an extension so far. I have it at about a 35 degree angle which is the natural angle for my palm when I drop it from the hand guard to my belt.

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone mention using magnetic pouches. I've been debating one.

Edited by ABQautoxer

9 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

Thanks for the tip, I might try this for my backup mag.

For mandatory reloads I've liked the normal length DA with a 32 round mag without an extension so far. I have it at about a 35 degree angle which is the natural angle for my palm when I drop it from the hand guard to my belt.

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone mention using magnetic pouches. I've been debating one.

Will the magnet hold glock mags? 

Posted (edited)

in my experience A DAA magnet will hold Glock mags pretty well up to about 25rd(if that) capacity, any more and it seems to be too much weight for moving around.

Edited by Patrick Scott

Very happy with Coda magazine pouches. Reasonable price and it works great

9 hours ago, Patrick Scott said:

in my experience A DAA magnet will hold Glock mags pretty well up to about 25rd(if that) capacity, any more and it seems to be too much weight for moving around.

Good to know, thanks. 

How are you coda guys hooking it up to a tekok?  No matter how I turn it, I’m only getting two holes to line up. 

31 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

How are you coda guys hooking it up to a tekok?  No matter how I turn it, I’m only getting two holes to line up. 

I only use two, 

EDA7B9C7-F9B1-4B10-AB3E-5D405AA64F22.jpeg

3E297F56-3FF3-4F7E-AD20-E59F2A6F1F40.jpeg

Awesome. I bolted two in and messed with it. Seems plenty secure. Thank you. 

Dang it guys - I have still not found the CODA 3.5 and 5.5 in stock anywhere...Guess after their article appeared last month their inventory everywhere was scooped up by PCC shooters everywhere....Still looking....Mark

Get the LAG pouch mentioned above. If it’s good enough for Leograndis...

+ another for Weber Tactical.