Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best horizonal mag holder for Glock 9mm - 32 rd mag with Taylor Extension

Wanted to ask for recommendations from those here who currently utilize a mag holder to hold a Glock 9mm - 32 round mag with a mag extension mounted on your shooting beltt in the center of your back on a horizonal plane. Understanding that it needs to remain secure when running and gunning as a back (no pun intended there) up mag....

Make and Model please that you use and are happy with is appreciated.....Thanks Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

Coda 5” with a bladetech Mount works great is cheap and reliable. I typically only use it for my starting mag but if it’s a high round stage (uml)I will use it with a 42 to 57 stick. I’ve never had a mag fall out. I use da race masters with the Glock inserts and a piece of cardboard I cut to fit, placed between the carrier body and back insert. It hold 33 round mags without issue of falling out. 

EA0C24B6-61DE-4A0F-AD7B-C7A7CE9CF72A.jpeg

E26D259B-40FE-4D6D-A501-C57FD8FE2FBE.jpeg

Edited by Bwillis
On 3/8/2019 at 8:00 AM, Cowboy1629 said:

I already had several Double Alpha mags so I just added their extension to one which worked well for me but have only competed in one match with it so far. 

Extended Mag Pouch Spacer

Thanks for the tip, I might try this for my backup mag.

For mandatory reloads I've liked the normal length DA with a 32 round mag without an extension so far. I have it at about a 35 degree angle which is the natural angle for my palm when I drop it from the hand guard to my belt.

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone mention using magnetic pouches. I've been debating one.

Edited by ABQautoxer
9 hours ago, ABQautoxer said:

Thanks for the tip, I might try this for my backup mag.

For mandatory reloads I've liked the normal length DA with a 32 round mag without an extension so far. I have it at about a 35 degree angle which is the natural angle for my palm when I drop it from the hand guard to my belt.

I'm surprised I didn't see anyone mention using magnetic pouches. I've been debating one.

Will the magnet hold glock mags? 

• 1 month later...