Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eric is with CZ after Tanfo released him

a matt

10 hours ago, nasty618 said:

That makes total sense.  Let me ask this: do you think having an importer who imports them was a direct result of an entrepreneur (future importer) and the maker (Tanfoglio) seeing an increased interest in Tanfo products in the US? And if the answer is yes, which I think is a reasonable logical chain here, then would it be appropriate to say that the interest may have been spiked by the number of podiums that gun was on? Have we not seen that pattern before - win today, sell later today?

Podium finishes yes, but if memory serves the importer thing was fixed very close, if not before, Ben started shooting them. When Eric was crushing it with them and shot several matches in the US. Ben definitely had a positive influence, but is definitely not the sole defining factor. Just like Eric isn’t either. Of course I have a Tanfo sitting in the safe I had J.J. work over for me. Still don’t shoot it as well as Glock or even my old SP-01’s. So I might be biased. 

• 2 months later...

Kind of resurrecting a dead thread, but does anyone know if Eric was shooting a Shadow 2 when he won the Extreme Euro Open this year?  He laid a pretty good whoopin' on everybody else who showed up.