Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eric is with CZ after Tanfo released him

a matt

8 hours ago, a matt said:

Good luck to Tanfo now

While Stoeger may not be your usual or "normal" brand ambassador (and by that i mean the constant barrage of social media posts filled with redundant and unoriginal technique tips and product plugs), one would argue that his record and influence on Tanfo sales in the US alone (the single biggest firearm market) should be enough to carry the brand forward.  

That said, i love my CZs and am not planning on changing to anything else any time soon :)

Edited by nasty618

The general public will probably never know the exact details associated with high profile pro shooters switching companies. But its safe to say that business is business. When you are doing this stuff for a living, brand loyalty only goes as far as the paycheck justifies. Making a living as a "Pro Shooter" is not what I would consider an cake walk. Especially if you are relying on that employment to not only pay the bills today, but to also raise a family and save enough to retire as well.

5 hours ago, nasty618 said:

While Stoeger may not be your usual or "normal" brand ambassador (and by that i mean the constant barrage of social media posts filled with redundant and unoriginal technique tips and product plugs), 

Can you show me on the doll where Ben touched you?

12 hours ago, Matt1 said:

The news was already out at Shot. Tanfo were pissed that he signed for CZ. I don’t think they “let him go” emoji848.png 

thanks for sharing 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by a matt

21 hours ago, Matt1 said:

.  Eric did say he was not shooting anymore world shoots because it takes to much time and effort  and keeps him away from his family for too long but with this new deal things can change...

what does CZ not win, that may tell us something?? 

Edited by a matt

Eric had a lot of nice things to say.  He is still contemplating which Division(s).  

CZ made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

His money will be made in the Shooting Academy enterprise.  Good for him.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:13 AM, Matt1 said:

Eric will 100% be shooting a Shadow 2 next year in Thailand

100% huh?

Is that more of a, "I think he'll 100% shoot a Shadow2" or a "I'm 100% positive he'll shoot a Shadow 2." 

Edited by d_striker

100% huh?

Is that more of a, "I think he'll 100% shoot a Shadow2" or a "I'm 100% positive he'll shoot a Shadow 2." 

Let’s call it a condition of CZ funding his Training Academy

On 3/7/2019 at 6:49 AM, nasty618 said:

While Stoeger may not be your usual or "normal" brand ambassador (and by that i mean the constant barrage of social media posts filled with redundant and unoriginal technique tips and product plugs), one would argue that his record and influence on Tanfo sales in the US alone (the single biggest firearm market) should be enough to carry the brand forward.  

That said, i love my CZs and am not planning on changing to anything else any time soon :)

The number of Tanfoglios sold to US Production shooters is a drop in the bucket. The difference in sales likely has less to do with Ben and more to do with actually having an importer who imports them. It wasn’t long ago when they carried an above retail price because they were a pain to come by. At least now you can find them for sale. 

2 hours ago, Chuck Anderson said:

The number of Tanfoglios sold to US Production shooters is a drop in the bucket. The difference in sales likely has less to do with Ben and more to do with actually having an importer who imports them. It wasn’t long ago when they carried an above retail price because they were a pain to come by. At least now you can find them for sale. 

That makes total sense.  Let me ask this: do you think having an importer who imports them was a direct result of an entrepreneur (future importer) and the maker (Tanfoglio) seeing an increased interest in Tanfo products in the US? And if the answer is yes, which I think is a reasonable logical chain here, then would it be appropriate to say that the interest may have been spiked by the number of podiums that gun was on? Have we not seen that pattern before - win today, sell later today?

Number of X sold to competitive shooters is a drop in the bucket for a manufacturer who is working on government-scale contracts.  Tanfoglio isn't that kind of manufacturer.  Glock is, S&W is, FN is, Colt is (was?).  Tanfoglio is not.  Sales to competitive shooters are not a drop in the bucket to them - that's why way more than half their SKU's are guns that are directed to very specific competition niches.  It's pretty obvious that the competition market is very important to their business model.

Edited by ATLDave