Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

That Sucking Sound

xtian999

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, Silver_Surfer said:

LOL, primers, once in a while pop!

A guy on here said he had been shopvac-ing a little powder up here and there for weeks. 

He sucked up a primer.

It went off.

The lid of the shopvac hit the ceiling and bounced back down.

It’s probably bogus, but I choose to believe it happened for amusement’s sake. 😂

9 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

A guy on here said he had been shopvac-ing a little powder up here and there for weeks. 

He sucked up a primer.

It went off.

The lid of the shopvac hit the ceiling and bounced back down.

It’s probably bogus, but I choose to believe it happened for amusement’s sake. 😂

Ive been doing this for 3 years now. Lots of powder and live primers in that thing.

Ill post photos of my undies after it blows for you guys. 🤣

Edited by Maximis228

18 minutes ago, MattBaker5745 said:

Definitely have to have a separate vacuum for those kinds of endeavors like NoSteel.

I have a little tiny rechargeable crappy vaccum off Amazon meant for keyboards and computers. It’s incredibly weak.

So it works great for cleaning up your press. It’s too weak to accidentally suck powder or bullets out of cases and definitely cannot pick up a Dillion locator button. The nozzle has to be touching powder to even pick that up. 

Which is perfect. I can spill powder and clean it up without clearing everything off the shellplate. Just a quick spot-sucking.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I have a little tiny rechargeable crappy vaccum off Amazon meant for keyboards and computers. It’s incredibly weak.

So it works great for cleaning up your press. It’s too weak to accidentally suck powder or bullets out of cases and definitely cannot pick up a Dillion locator button. The nozzle has to be touching powder to even pick that up. 

Which is perfect.

There you go!

Lol you guys are awfully risky using a vacuum for your press and primers. You can get a 6-pack of canned air from Costco for like $10 and not have to worry about it exploding on you. An old brush or toothbrush works well at getting into the nooks and crannies too.

Edited by tacomandood

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]