Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
oteroman

Need Coated 124’s recommendation

Pretty awesome to see a vendor jump in and mix it up with us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 4/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, oteroman said:

Those MB are pricey compared to the competitors it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That could very well be true.  At the time, I went with them as they were the only coated .358 bullet I could find in 180gr.  Everyone else seemed to top out at 158gr.  For the more available weights, I'm not an expert at all the options.  Have enjoyed the MB so I can run a lower fps to be Major.

6 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

I'm Steve, co-owner of Brazos Bullets.   I wanted to pop in and say thanks for the good vibes being spread on this thread.  We've been hammered with orders and are working 16-18 hours a day 7 days a week to get orders filled.  At the moment,  we are almost caught up.  Most of our ~1-2 week old orders that haven't shipped will go out tomorrow.  We have 2 more casting machines and another sizer that are about to be on-line so things should get a little easier and faster in the near future.  

I'm patient, I know the rush of orders for a new company can be overwhelming. Looking forward to trying them out. Bayou is local to me and I'm friends with the owner, but I like to support our sport and spread the wealth.

5 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

We are going to start testing for accuracy this weekend.  I actually expect to see lg out perform nlg.  At least with the 45's shot from the hand, I've noticed it.  More info to follow.

Check my spreadsheet, it may save you some time with components.

The Brazos 124 is an excellent profile, looks a lot like the H&G #331. I got a bunch in over the weekend and the first 6 I ran over the chrono gave a 0 SD with Alliant Sport Pistol. I’ve never seen a 0 SD for 6 shots before and may never see another but it made me smile.

john

16 hours ago, Darrell said:

Check my spreadsheet, it may save you some time with components.

I just found it.  Will look it over once my day job work is over.  Thanks a bunch!  FYI we started casting your 150 swc this morning and had to re-melt them.  Moulds need a little more cleaning, so that is happening right after lunch.  

I just placed an order for 4 bags of the 9mm from Brazos. I haven't heard of any real difference in accuracy between the coated bullet companies, it seems to be mainly about bullet profiles working with your gun. So, going with the least expensive hasn't hurt me yet. Brazos is the clear winner there, so I'll probably start using them for my limited .40 ammo too. Stoked!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just ran 20 rounds of the Brazos 125 gr 9mms bullet thru my Shadow 2 this afternoon. Accuracy was outstanding. Just placed another order with them.

Being able to select bullet diameter effortlessly is a plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 hours ago, CHARLES D said:

I just ran 20 rounds of the Brazos 125 gr 9mms bullet thru my Shadow 2 this afternoon. Accuracy was outstanding. Just placed another order with them.

I'm about to order some for my Shadow 2. What diameter are you using?