Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Coated 124’s recommendation

oteroman

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/8/2019 at 3:48 PM, oteroman said:

Those MB are pricey compared to the competitors it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That could very well be true.  At the time, I went with them as they were the only coated .358 bullet I could find in 180gr.  Everyone else seemed to top out at 158gr.  For the more available weights, I'm not an expert at all the options.  Have enjoyed the MB so I can run a lower fps to be Major.

6 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

I'm Steve, co-owner of Brazos Bullets.   I wanted to pop in and say thanks for the good vibes being spread on this thread.  We've been hammered with orders and are working 16-18 hours a day 7 days a week to get orders filled.  At the moment,  we are almost caught up.  Most of our ~1-2 week old orders that haven't shipped will go out tomorrow.  We have 2 more casting machines and another sizer that are about to be on-line so things should get a little easier and faster in the near future.  

I'm patient, I know the rush of orders for a new company can be overwhelming. Looking forward to trying them out. Bayou is local to me and I'm friends with the owner, but I like to support our sport and spread the wealth.

5 hours ago, Lightfoot said:

We are going to start testing for accuracy this weekend.  I actually expect to see lg out perform nlg.  At least with the 45's shot from the hand, I've noticed it.  More info to follow.

Check my spreadsheet, it may save you some time with components.

The Brazos 124 is an excellent profile, looks a lot like the H&G #331. I got a bunch in over the weekend and the first 6 I ran over the chrono gave a 0 SD with Alliant Sport Pistol. I’ve never seen a 0 SD for 6 shots before and may never see another but it made me smile.

john

16 hours ago, Darrell said:

Check my spreadsheet, it may save you some time with components.

I just found it.  Will look it over once my day job work is over.  Thanks a bunch!  FYI we started casting your 150 swc this morning and had to re-melt them.  Moulds need a little more cleaning, so that is happening right after lunch.  

I just placed an order for 4 bags of the 9mm from Brazos. I haven't heard of any real difference in accuracy between the coated bullet companies, it seems to be mainly about bullet profiles working with your gun. So, going with the least expensive hasn't hurt me yet. Brazos is the clear winner there, so I'll probably start using them for my limited .40 ammo too. Stoked!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, CHARLES D said:

I just ran 20 rounds of the Brazos 125 gr 9mms bullet thru my Shadow 2 this afternoon. Accuracy was outstanding. Just placed another order with them.

I'm about to order some for my Shadow 2. What diameter are you using?

2 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

What is the turnaround you all have been experiencing with Brazos, from order placement to them actually shipping? I can wait for a good deal, I just want to know what to expect.

Brazos sent my order for 125s in less than a week. 

But, SnS, and ACME both got my orders of 125s and 124s (ACME) RN also in about a week. 

I tried all three brands and in order of preference in my Stock 2 (accuracy, ease of loading, OAL, etc.) SnS, Brazos, ACME. The accuracy of the ACME 124s was slightly less than the other two at 25 yards no matter what velocity I shot them at. SnS and Brazos grouped similar. 

I’ll add these figures to help you decide:

SnS 125 averaged 126 grains on my scale, Brazos 125  were 125 and ACME 123.6. The bearing surface of the ACME bullets was smaller than the former two, which probably contributed to the difference in accuracy. I had to adjust my MBF a bit more for the SnS to feed properly (not upside down). Since I ran them first the other two fed perfectly through the feeder. 

Hope all this helps. 

Edited by HesedTech

Does Brazos have sample packs? Been digging around the website and dont see any there. Been shooting ACME but seeing some reports of better accuracy with the Brazos so I'd be interested in trying them out

As to lead times for our (Brazos Bullets) shipping, it depends on whether or not we have it on the shelf.  If we have it, it’ll go out the next day.  If we have to cast it, we should be able to get it out in a week. I’ll admit that a few people had to wait longer than that and we are trying to fix that.  Special sizes and less popular profiles are the ones that get delayed. We have 2 casting machines and 1 sizing machine that are being re-built, and once those are running, we should be much better off. If you have a time sensitive order, send us an email or note with the order. We can at least give you an estimate on the shipping time.  

Now USPS, that’s another topic.  We’ve had boxes get delayed by a week with no tracking upsates.  Then they just show up often with, “surface transportation only” stickers on them. 

Its great to hear that so many of you are having good results with our bullets!  

As to lead times for our (Brazos Bullets) shipping, it depends on whether or not we have it on the shelf.  If we have it, it’ll go out the next day.  If we have to cast it, we should be able to get it out in a week. I’ll admit that a few people had to wait longer than that and we are trying to fix that.  Special sizes and less popular profiles are the ones that get delayed. We have 2 casting machines and 1 sizing machine that are being re-built, and once those are running, we should be much better off. If you have a time sensitive order, send us an email or note with the order. We can at least give you an estimate on the shipping time.  

Now USPS, that’s another topic.  We’ve had boxes get delayed by a week with no tracking upsates.  Then they just show up often with, “surface transportation only” stickers on them. 

Its great to hear that so many of you are having good results with our bullets!  
Do you have 125gr .356 in stock?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, je85 said:

Do you have 125gr .356 in stock?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

I just called the shop and we do have some (150 lbs or so) on the shelf.  They go fast though.  We’re making 400 lbs latvthe end of the week too.  So if you’re in a hurry you should order today.  

8 minutes ago, anonymouscuban said:

Lightfoot... do you guys have any plans of making a 135gr. 9mm projectile? I didn't see it offered on the site.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Also very interested in a 135gr