Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sig MPX PCC underway

32 minutes ago, NervousEnergy said:

Not ditching the Timney.  Tied for fewest points down at the match (down 6).  Didn't miss the Hiperfire at all, though it does break with slightly less pressure.  I did notice the wider handguard the few times I switched back to the Gen 2... the Gen3 PCC handguard is a very nice piece of kit.  ~250 rounds or so over 12 stages - perfect function (I shoot factory 115s).  The only time I had to work the charging handle was during the unloaded start stages.  Very happy with it.

mpx twins.jpg

appreciated

• 9 months later...

HEY pal just setting up my new mix pcc and I'm curious how's the springer mag well?  it seems a bit small so i thinking of a full size like a taran or bottom feeder.  also what muzzle device is that on your gen 2?  I'm also getting the odin mag release are you happy with yours?

The Springer seems to work well, though I've never done anything as rigorous as a time study to see if there's a measurable improvement in average reload time.  I don't practice reloads nearly as much as I should - not having to perform reloads in the #1 reason I went PCC.  🤣  There's already a bit of slope in the front.  

The muzzle device is the MBX.  Not sure if it's effective because it ever so scientifically vents gas upwards, or because it's a piece of metal on the end of the barrel, but it does work.  I don't get any more or less dot bounce on the Gen 3 with the stock device, though.  

I shoot left handed so the Odin releases are critical for the big left side paddle.  Works perfectly.