Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Sig MPX PCC underway


Recommended Posts

PCC bug hitted me, love it! New Sig PCC underway.

 

As far as I understood rifle is ready to race?

 

My question: what do you as owner consider as an absolute must to add to this rifle? 

 

I have a Holosun 510c... Your input is highly appreciated.

Link to comment

I replaced the awful Gen 2 trigger with a Hiperfire 24c, changed out the stock to a Magpul MOE with a Taran Tactical buffer tube adapter, changed the mag release to the Odin large ambi buttons, added the TTI mag well, and TTI +10 base pads to a couple mags. I like larger lever ambi safeties, so changed those. 

Link to comment

Pretty much everything said ^^ there! Odin mag release lever is a must for me and bmiller magwell is the cheapest I’ve found but works great.  24c trigger.  Oh yeah Stock from taccom, lightest carbon fiber one!

Link to comment

There are small improvements to be made for sure, but the new PCC model is the best out of the box MPX to date and arguably the best factory PCC. 

 

As far as: 

16 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

what do you as owner consider as an absolute must to add to this rifle?

 

Nothing. 

 

The trigger is decent, but heavy. Still leaps and bounds over a normal/stock trigger, not as nice as a hiperfire, etc. Do you HAVE to change it out? No. The new charging handle is nicer, the new handguard is nicer, etc. Are they NLA/Isler nice? No. 

 

So my recommendation is shoot it and be the judge of what bothers you. Lots of folks (myself included) like to throw money at their gear for very, very little gain in overall placement. Your best upgrades are going be:

 

- Buy more ammo and/or reload

- Buy a dryfire book and some scaled dryfire targets

- Use the above to practice

Link to comment

Acer2428 is right on.  There's a TON of stuff you can change out (and I've done most of it), but the gun is really good out of the box.  When I got mine I scored a great deal on a pistol variant through Gunbroker ($1150 new), so I put my own barrel/handguard (Taccom/ILWT) magwell, hiperfire, bolt recoil pad, tube/stock, mag releases, etc.  Had a blast doing it... the gun is a fun platform to experiment with, and very, very easy to work on.

 

Lena Miculek shoots an MPX for Team Sig, and I think she's shooting the Gen 3 stock this year.  I could put $10K into the gun and she'd still beat me without even thinking about it.  Practice and ammo are the best investments, then change out what you don't like or what strikes your fancy.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Tnx to all of you!! Really appreciated. My only fear is that I will like PCC more then my beloved pistols 🙂 Happy to hear that it seems really ready to rock out of the box!!!

 

Some, like me, really fall in love with the division.  I have seen others go back to pistols.  All very much just a matter of preference.  🙂

 

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Neomet said:

 

Some, like me, really fall in love with the division.  I have seen others go back to pistols.  All very much just a matter of preference.  🙂

 

Now in senior class. Wish I discovered practical shooting 20 years ago :-0 Nevertheless, I am aiming at becoming #1 in production senior class in 2019...

 

tnx!

Link to comment

I have not found that to be true in my example. I can run almost anything in mine including 95 gr loaded to 93 power factor in a mag loaded to 41 rounds and it cycles just fine. I would test yours out since it looks like they must vary in what they will run from what others report.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 3/7/2019 at 10:12 AM, Acer2428 said:

There are small improvements to be made for sure, but the new PCC model is the best out of the box MPX to date and arguably the best factory PCC. 

 

As far as: 

 

Nothing. 

 

The trigger is decent, but heavy. Still leaps and bounds over a normal/stock trigger, not as nice as a hiperfire, etc. Do you HAVE to change it out? No. The new charging handle is nicer, the new handguard is nicer, etc. Are they NLA/Isler nice? No. 

 

So my recommendation is shoot it and be the judge of what bothers you. Lots of folks (myself included) like to throw money at their gear for very, very little gain in overall placement. Your best upgrades are going be:

 

- Buy more ammo and/or reload

- Buy a dryfire book and some scaled dryfire targets

- Use the above to practice

Hello.Do you know if the Taran Tactical buttstock AR t

tube adapter will work in the Gen3  as it does in a Gen2? Thanks

Link to comment

Just got a new MPX PCC that will take over as primary - my Gen 2 will become the backup gun.  While I love the Eclipse I have in the Gen 2, the Timney in the Gen 3 is really close... I'd strongly recommend shooting first before tossing one $250 trigger for another $250 trigger.  It is a bit heavier, but it's not affecting my times or accuracy.  

 

The stock charging handle is still not all that great, though.  This disappointed me.  It seems to bind just as easy as the gen 2 did, and can still gouge the back of the upper despite the new tail on the spring retainer.  The Next Level handle / spring retainer is massively smoother, plus has much wider latches.  

 

Handguard is amazing, and this is the first halfway decent folding stock I've seen.  It has virtually no wobble at all.  

 

Sig is going to sell a lot of these.  

Link to comment
On 3/6/2019 at 4:11 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

PCC bug hitted me, love it! New Sig PCC underway.

 

As far as I understood rifle is ready to race?

 

My question: what do you as owner consider as an absolute must to add to this rifle? 

 

I have a Holosun 510c... Your input is highly appreciated.

Taccom SIG MPX Recoil Cushion. Kinda short strokes the cycle giving a perceived 'quickness' to your shots.

I like it and it's not expensive and easy to revert back to previous setup if you don't like it.

Link to comment
45 minutes ago, edwin garcia said:

Taccom SIG MPX Recoil Cushion. Kinda short strokes the cycle giving a perceived 'quickness' to your shots.

I like it and it's not expensive and easy to revert back to previous setup if you don't like it.

Tnx, I have a lot uf stuff to buy when I visit USA this August... Most of what is mentioned is not available in Europe.

Link to comment
On 4/24/2019 at 10:20 AM, Rolex said:

Dump that Timney trigger- Go Eclipse FIRST ORDER-

My Eclipse in the Gen2 does break with slightly less pressure, but it's not enough to ditch the Timney just yet.  It's not affecting my times or accuracy.  Shooting Silver Dollar with it tomorrow, so we'll see how it does under an all day match.  I'll have both rifles in the cart, and may switch between them just to see if I can tell any difference after the timer goes off.  It's an IDPA match - I shoot those for fun and the wacky stages.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, NervousEnergy said:

My Eclipse in the Gen2 does break with slightly less pressure, but it's not enough to ditch the Timney just yet.  It's not affecting my times or accuracy.  Shooting Silver Dollar with it tomorrow, so we'll see how it does under an all day match.  I'll have both rifles in the cart, and may switch between them just to see if I can tell any difference after the timer goes off.  It's an IDPA match - I shoot those for fun and the wacky stages.

Pls just let us know!

 

 

Link to comment
On 4/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Pls just let us know!

 

 

Not ditching the Timney.  Tied for fewest points down at the match (down 6).  Didn't miss the Hiperfire at all, though it does break with slightly less pressure.  I did notice the wider handguard the few times I switched back to the Gen 2... the Gen3 PCC handguard is a very nice piece of kit.  ~250 rounds or so over 12 stages - perfect function (I shoot factory 115s).  The only time I had to work the charging handle was during the unloaded start stages.  Very happy with it.

mpx twins.jpg

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...