Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultrasonic cleaner recommendation for smaller gun parts

DavidSeavey

I'm considering getting an ultrasonic cleaner for things like my MPX gas system parts, rifle BCG, smaller parts generally, I will not be cleaning brass with it.

I've never used one before so I have no experience with brands and quality, I'm basically looking for a small machine that's not likely to die a month out of warranty.

What might you all recommend for a machine and how much do I need to spend to make it worth buying?

I use mine for cleaning my MPX parts, slides, etc.

I bought a HF one. It's chincy, but without spending huge money, they all are. Oh and it works. Has a built-in heater that works too. It's cheap + constant 20-25% off coupons made it a no-brainer for me. 

Harbor freight ones works well for me. I used it for cleaning my MPX’s bolt, compensator and other larger parts using simple green. It worked really well.

For the the small parts like piston, gas valve etc, I use my wife’s small jewelry cleaner along with Hoppes 9. Just do it outside since the Hoppes 9 stinks.

Just make sure you lubricate the parts really well after cleaning them in the ultrasonic cleaner.