Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Hiroshi

SJC Magwell

Anybody here uses the SJC Heavy Weight Magwell for the M&P Full Size? If possible can you guys please post some pictures, preferably the bottom and the sides of the magwell.. Thanks.

IMG_1389.jpg

I have one but can’t get pics to post...what’s new. I can give you a little info though on the thing. It fits on rather easy compared to my carver magwell. It comes black not raw. The front and back line up perfectly with the inside of the mag port on the gun but the sides could have been better. Unfortunately there’s not enough material on the polymer to taper it into the magwell perfectly but I haven’t noticed ever snagging the edge of the mag on it. The front rounder corners where the gun meets the magwell do let a little light through from it not fitting tight to the gun but unless you’re trying to find that spot you’d never notice it. Other than that it weighs a ton. Actually made my hip sore from living it around at the first match I used it at. But I bought it for weight and that’s what I got. It is a little flatter than my carver overall. I liked the slope the carver had in the front that forced my hand up onto the grip. The sjc gives a little more room for your hand since it doesn’t have that front slope. Anything else just ask. 

Ill try and grab some pics when I get home. I just recently took mine off for a Carver and am trying a SSS with my back up gun.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:16 AM, fstbandit said:

Ill try and grab some pics when I get home. I just recently took mine off for a Carver and am trying a SSS with my back up gun.

How does it compare to the Carver? Initial impressions.

[mention=69422]Hiroshi[/mention] Here is the bottom of an SJC
7CCFD1D1-D602-4425-8EEB-A6482FEF4348.jpeg.dd234df6274cb3fabc5a353084bef7b5.jpeg

Thank You for the picture.

18 hours ago, FatPanda said:

How does it compare to the Carver? Initial impressions.

The SJC smashes my fingers together too much, it is not really shaped as the one pictured for the Glock.

The carver is not the biggest of the bunch but enough for it to work.

I also have a SSS and my only issue with that one is the mag doesnt really stick out of the bottom all that much.

I will take pics when I get home to show the difference with the magwells on the guns and in my hands so it can explain it a little better.

43 minutes ago, fstbandit said:

The SJC smashes my fingers together too much, it is not really shaped as the one pictured for the Glock.

The carver is not the biggest of the bunch but enough for it to work.

I also have a SSS and my only issue with that one is the mag doesnt really stick out of the bottom all that much.

I will take pics when I get home to show the difference with the magwells on the guns and in my hands so it can explain it a little better.

No need to take pictures. I get what you’re saying. I’m trying to talk my friend into ditching that 10-8 one he has but he is reluctant so I’m trying to give him

options. Thank you.