Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
reddirt

Question about Stock2 Extreme

21 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

If you can get a good deal on an extreme it’s probably worth it if you like the finish. I just don’t like the finish on the stock 2 extreme and for $300 extra the pro shop fitted all the necessary upgrades and polished all the internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you about the finish, I'm not crazy about it, maybe it will look better in person. But that can be changed up some. Was it PD that did the work for 300 ? I looked on their site and it was 385 now. And I would definitely do it myself for that.

I hear you about the finish, I'm not crazy about it, maybe it will look better in person. But that can be changed up some. Was it PD that did the work for 300 ? I looked on their site and it was 385 now. And I would definitely do it myself for that.

It was Derek Guthrie from practically perfect performance. He works at the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, it’s usually about a 2-3 week turn around if you buy the gun from them. I just ordered my second one through them. As a side note, the Extreme Stock 3 looks great in person.

PD did a hell of a job on my Stock II.  They put all of their springs in it (15.5lb on the hammer spring) and I think a firing block too since I got an extra one back along with the Xtreme 1 piece sear, titan hammer, BOLO interrupter, and Xtreme Trigger (I couldn't stand the location of the overtravel screw in the factory trigger) and it was 5lb DA 2 lb SA when I got it back.

25 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

It was Derek Guthrie from practically perfect performance. He works at the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, it’s usually about a 2-3 week turn around if you buy the gun from them. I just ordered my second one through them. As a side note, the Extreme Stock 3 looks great in person.

I looked on Stoeger's site, but I don't remember them saying anything about doing the work? Yeah, Xtreme 3 is a little more subdued.

I looked on Stoeger's site, but I don't remember them saying anything about doing the work? Yeah, Xtreme 3 is a little more subdued.

They don’t advertise it on the site. I can send you a message with his email if you want to talk to him about options and pricing.

21 minutes ago, FALAR said:

PD did a hell of a job on my Stock II.  They put all of their springs in it (15.5lb on the hammer spring) and I think a firing block too since I got an extra one back along with the Xtreme 1 piece sear, titan hammer, BOLO interrupter, and Xtreme Trigger (I couldn't stand the location of the overtravel screw in the factory trigger) and it was 5lb DA 2 lb SA when I got it back.

That's a nice trigger. I keep reading and seeing BOLO, what is that?

Just now, tdp88 said:

They don’t advertise it on the site. I can send you a message with his email if you want to talk to him about options and pricing.

I won't take you up on that yet, but I might later. Thanks though.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:21 PM, SouperMan said:

You can duplicate the results of a Xtreme with a good polish job, spring upgrades, and some minor parts upgrades for far less than what the Xtreme sells for.

It doesn’t take a whole lot to get a Stock 2 with a nice trigger. Some do springs only, others get Xtreme parts and upgrade the hammer and trigger.

Side note, now that Eric Grauffel is with CZ, are they going to have a fire sale ;)

You think with him being gone that will affect the parts availability for Tanfoglios?  What was the extent of their relationship on the "Xtreme" parts?

You think with him being gone that will affect the parts availability for Tanfoglios?  What was the extent of their relationship on the "Xtreme" parts?

I think that Tanfoglio will just drop Eric’s name in future stuff but continue the Xtreme product line.

Posted (edited)

Xtreme line used to have DLC finish, mine has 50k on it and a lot of draws, still looks new

BUT

new Xtreme finish is pure garbage, it’s regular cerakote! Less than a 100 draws and is scratched and shows wear marks

Edited by Dmitri_W