Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Limited Minor Thoughts

m-cz-shadow-2

I used to be a production shooter with a shadow 2, but have since switched to limited.  I am debating making my shadow 2 my backup gun for when I want to get wwork done on my 2011.  I am local to CZ custom so I was planning on taking it there.  My plans so far were to get a magwell, some +6 basepads w/follower + springs from henning, and the SAO conversion.  Any other work I should consider while I have it in the shop?

I did this to my S2. You don’t have to switch to sao, but I really like the tac sports trigger. I also changed to the concealed checkmate hammer. It has much shorter hammer hooks so the single action is even better, but in all honesty I only really notice the difference in trigger pull in bullseye shooting. If you have done all the smoothing and springs already, the single action is nice enough with the stock parts that for uspsa the difference is splitting hairs. If you do a magwell, you’ll need the short grips or trim the ones you have. The Henning baseplate works fine with the magwell I got from armory craft. I did get a second trigger bar and hammer strut and set it up so I could just swap out assemblies, that way switching back is only a few minutes. Enjoy.

I think it depends on how competitive you want to be. While it would be mega fun to shoot some Limited minor with an S2, if you’re looking to be competitive with the rest of the division you’re certainly choosing the more difficult path to do so. If you’re looking to just shoot and have fun, have at it! 

1 hour ago, Ontos said:

Don't shoot Limited...

Dont shoot Production...

HAVE THAT SUCKER MILLED AND SHOOT CO.

Honestly I've considered this, but I think I'm just going to wait for the OR version to hit the US

10 hours ago, Harlow said:

Why not just shoot production when your gun is in the shop?

I don't really enjoy shooting production.  I started with it because it was the most affordable.  Hi cap mags and magwells let me focus more on actually shooting and less on the other things.  

21 hours ago, m-cz-shadow-2 said:

Honestly I've considered this, but I think I'm just going to wait for the OR version to hit the US

Do you happen to know what is the weight of the OR Shadow 2 version? USPSA CO has a weight limit of 45oz-complete.

47 minutes ago, mannyc said:

Do you happen to know what is the weight of the OR Shadow 2 version? USPSA CO has a weight limit of 45oz-complete.

On the CZUB website it says 1.33 kg which converts to 46.914 ounces.  I think that's a huge oversight on their part and hopefully it's remedied for its released in the states

1 hour ago, m-cz-shadow-2 said:

On the CZUB website it says 1.33 kg which converts to 46.914 ounces.  I think that's a huge oversight on their part and hopefully it's remedied for its released in the states

I agree, if they can release a lighter US version they will sell more of these.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, m-cz-shadow-2 said:

I used to be a production shooter with a shadow 2, but have since switched to limited.  I am debating making my shadow 2 my backup gun for when I want to get wwork done on my 2011.  I am local to CZ custom so I was planning on taking it there.  My plans so far were to get a magwell, some +6 basepads w/follower + springs from henning, and the SAO conversion.  Any other work I should consider while I have it in the shop?

s2 sao.. limited minor.. hell yeah. not sure about the base pads and followers. mecgar 17s with +4 pads with stock guts = 21 rounds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, JakeMartens said:

Stuart is at the CZ Custom Shop

Just read your article in the latest issue of FrontSight . Excellent write-up! A milling option that allows me to take my S2 back to production legal has my wheels spinning! I moved to limited last year and not sure I'll go back to production on a regular basis but may dabble with a dot and it would be nice to not rule out production with my shadow 2 by adding the lightening cuts on the top of the slide. Is this the plate you use to go back to production? https://czcustom.com/rds-plate-fixed-shadow2-sight.html

On 3/26/2019 at 2:13 PM, MJinPA said:

Just read your article in the latest issue of FrontSight . Excellent write-up! A milling option that allows me to take my S2 back to production legal has my wheels spinning! I moved to limited last year and not sure I'll go back to production on a regular basis but may dabble with a dot and it would be nice to not rule out production with my shadow 2 by adding the lightening cuts on the top of the slide. Is this the plate you use to go back to production? https://czcustom.com/rds-plate-fixed-shadow2-sight.html

Does anyone have insight on this? Seems like per appendix d4...."21.2b Milling of Slide - A slide may be modified specifically for installing sights, and for no other purpose. Slide racking devices are prohibited." The slide would be milled to accommodate the cz custom fixed sight plate but would also accommodate the RDS slide cut (also a sight). Would be nice to make CO weight with a Shadow 2 and retain the option to switch back to a production legal setup.