Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VR80 is in!

5 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

Yes set of 3 ... Full, Mod, Cyl I believe they are. Beretta/Benelli Mobile

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cool I will have to grab one when they are more available. I have a couple sets of Benelli chokes laying around.

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Good to meet you. I saw your drum mag video. I'm thinking of buying one just so can have a mag that's in stock shipped in a few days instead of waiting for a certain company to import them from turkey

ditto

One of these popped up at a shop near my work. I'm kicking myself for not snagging it while I was there. Wen't back a few days later, and it was gone. I really liked the feel of it.

I'm digging the PRS stock on yours.

28 minutes ago, Elgin said:

One of these popped up at a shop near my work. I'm kicking myself for not snagging it while I was there. Wen't back a few days later, and it was gone. I really liked the feel of it.

I'm digging the PRS stock on yours.

thanks man

i have since changed it back to the stock carbine tube and spring and slapped a magpul ctr stock on it

If you don't mind me asking, was it because of the weight of the PRS? I've had them on a few rifles, but the only one's I didn't mind having that weight on there were the Rem 700 and Savage 10 I had them on. They were just bench guns, so didn't carry them more than the distance from the parking lot to the range. Had one on an AR for a bit, but didn't like the balance.

2 hours ago, Elgin said:

If you don't mind me asking, was it because of the weight of the PRS? I've had them on a few rifles, but the only one's I didn't mind having that weight on there were the Rem 700 and Savage 10 I had them on. They were just bench guns, so didn't carry them more than the distance from the parking lot to the range. Had one on an AR for a bit, but didn't like the balance.

2 reasons 

The main reason was because the buffer and spring and bolt were all designed to function with carbine length stuff. The extra two inches from the rifle length tube made it so I was having ftf every other round because the bolt wasnt comming all the way back to chamber the next round. Now, this was only the case when I was using regular ammo like the 1200-1300 stuff you can find at walmart. I found that if i used like hot hot ammo like 1600 slugs. It was more than enough to cycle every single round. 

Since I'm lazy I'd rather just buy the walmart ammo, so I switched the tube and spring back to the carbine length specifically so I could be lazy and run walmart ammo. 

The second reason was because of weight. Stock it weights 8lbs.8oz. With the prs on there and all the other stuff and a magazine it weighted like 20 lbs and I'm far to lazy to drag my ass through every stage lugging that much weight around.