Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there a faster way to use GRX?

sleepdoc

The fastest way is to not use it. I thought I needed it years ago, but I didn’t, even with police fired Glock brass. Anyway, I made this thing, and instead of the bottle, route more copper tubing down into a container on the floor. It was fast, I would out run the casefeeder, even with the entire copper tubing full of brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, sleepdoc said:

What is best/fastest way to use the GRX or is there just not a faster way?

A buddy used it for awhile but it was just too labor intensive. He switched to a Udie and had no issues

1 hour ago, cvincent said:

The fastest way is to not use it. I thought I needed it years ago, but I didn’t, even with police fired Glock brass. Anyway, I made this thing, and instead of the bottle, route more copper tubing down into a container on the floor. It was fast, I would out run the casefeeder, even with the entire copper tubing full of brass.

That is actually quite impressive! Is that soft copper tubing? Did that take awhile to get the angles so cases dont get stuck?

That is actually quite impressive! Is that soft copper tubing? Did that take awhile to get the angles so cases dont get stuck?

Yes it is. Don’t think so, but it’s been awhile, just made soft sweeping bends. It’s easy to bend, and the brass had enough velocity to travel through nicely. I suppose if the single stage was farther away it might not work as well.

On 3/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, Sarge said:

A buddy used it for awhile but it was just too labor intensive. He switched to a Udie and had no issues

The GRX and Bulge buster dies are designed to size the base of the case and the entire case is pushed through a carbide die.

And the Lee undersized die sizes the upper part of the case .002 to .003 smaller for more bullet grip.

The Redding G-Rx Carbide Base Sizing Die meets the need of the reloader needing to reload brass shot through some of the most popular autoloaders today. These autoloaders, when fired, produce a bulge at the bottom of the brass, which normal sizing dies can not reach and remove, rendering the brass unusable. Simply push the brass through the sizing die and the bulge in the web of the brass is removed. This step fully sizes the brass back within the accepted  specification for brass diameter. After the brass has been pushed through the die it may be resized in a standard sizing die allowing once unusable brass to be reloaded normally.

Notes

• Carbide die does not require the use of case lubricant to resize the brass
  • The G-Rx die set comes packaged with a pusher rod which fits into the ram like a shell holder and the unique push through sizing die with lock ring.
  • To use simply place the brass on top of the pusher rod. Then raise the ram to push the brass entirely through the die. The resized brass is then held in a rebated portion of the die for easy removal.
  • An optional bottle (Product #471-996) and bottle adaptor (Product #789-703) are available. When these two accessories are combined they make collecting the sized brass very convenient speeding up the sizing process

2 hours ago, bigedp51 said:

The GRX and Bulge buster dies are designed to size the base of the case and the entire case is pushed through a carbide die.

And the Lee undersized die sizes the upper part of the case .002 to .003 smaller for more bullet grip.

The Redding G-Rx Carbide Base Sizing Die meets the need of the reloader needing to reload brass shot through some of the most popular autoloaders today. These autoloaders, when fired, produce a bulge at the bottom of the brass, which normal sizing dies can not reach and remove, rendering the brass unusable. Simply push the brass through the sizing die and the bulge in the web of the brass is removed. This step fully sizes the brass back within the accepted  specification for brass diameter. After the brass has been pushed through the die it may be resized in a standard sizing die allowing once unusable brass to be reloaded normally.

Notes

• Carbide die does not require the use of case lubricant to resize the brass
  • The G-Rx die set comes packaged with a pusher rod which fits into the ram like a shell holder and the unique push through sizing die with lock ring.
  • To use simply place the brass on top of the pusher rod. Then raise the ram to push the brass entirely through the die. The resized brass is then held in a rebated portion of the die for easy removal.
  • An optional bottle (Product #471-996) and bottle adaptor (Product #789-703) are available. When these two accessories are combined they make collecting the sized brass very convenient speeding up the sizing process

I know what it is.:eatdrink: I said my buddy used it and found the Udie (I know what these are too) fixed the issues without all the time required with a push through. Udies not only size tighter but they size much lower than most dies, especially wide radius dies like Dillon.

20 hours ago, cvincent said:

Yes it is. Don’t think so, but it’s been awhile, just made soft sweeping bends. It’s easy to bend, and the brass had enough velocity to travel through nicely. I suppose if the single stage was farther away it might not work as well.

What size cooper tubing did you use 1/2” ?

On 3/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sarge said:

I know what it is.:eatdrink: I said my buddy used it and found the Udie (I know what these are too) fixed the issues without all the time required with a push through. Udies not only size tighter but they size much lower than most dies, especially wide radius dies like Dillon.

I have bulge buster dies and undersized dies, and the two main causes of the loaded round not dropping all the way into a case gauge is a bulging crimp or a bulging base abover the extractor groove.

"BUT" not all cases gauges are created equal, below on the left is a fired .308 case in a Dillon case gauge.

UPCvxyL.jpg

Now on the right below is the same case in a JP Enterprise .308 case gauge. And it did not drop into the gauge as far because the gauge is smaller in diameter. This gives new meaning to your barrel is your best gauge. Meaning your case gauge can be giving you bad information because of its inside diameter.

zOVqgmU.jpg

Edited by bigedp51

• 2 months later...