Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you use to carry or haul your 3 gun gear around during a match?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to stop messing around with yard sale junk, you don't find strollers unless you get lucky.... 

Bought the cheapest new stroller off Amazon, Baby Trend for $79 I think. Cut and unscrewed the tabs holding all the padded baby seat material so tubes were clear. Added Rhinos yokes for guns. My Eberlestock UpRanger fits perfectly in place with room for a small cooler or pack with drinks, etc. Also has a decent cup holder and you can squat sit over the front wheel. Pushes well over rough trails but the wheels are not the largest, stay on the path. 

Only downside is that folded it's still large. I drive a station wagon and it takes up more than half of the rear carrying space. Fine if you drive solo but not if you buddy has something similar, you'll want a larger car or truck.

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0009.jpg

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0022.jpg

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0025.jpg

20191029_3gunshootingcart_0028.jpg

Edited by Frankly

• 2 months later...

I shoot open so it takes a lot of stuff. I use this, less hawk and cooler. It is a regular baby stroller I cut down the middle and inserted steel bars in the frames hollow bars. Just go one size down on the dia. Drill small holes in both ends of cut frame and insert hitch pins.  I also drilled holes at the cut line to collapse back to original size if I need to. (PCC, 2-gun, pistol only matches). It still bends in middle to fold up for travel. I pack gear in a SKB 3019-12. All of this flies if I go to west coast event.

3i-3019-12_closed_left_large.pngImage may contain: people sitting and outdoor

Edited by donno

• 2 weeks later...

I too use a double stroller. Storage area underneath holds my big range bag, and for the seating area I purchased four mechanics bags for ammo and other gear. It even came with a detachable cooler bag that holds about 4 bottles of water.

IMG_6224.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've gone through a couple collapsible wagons before settling on this one from canopiesunlimitedusa on ebay:

image.png.b78ba9b6595dfce4a99f87154c2ea28e.png

They've also got an XL version, but this met my main criteria:

- Big wheels to go over gravel or rough terrain

- Doesn't have the design flaw on cheaper wagons where the front wheel posts are barely welded on by the side - huge weak point that breaks all the time

I do wish the handle on this one was collapsible so it didn't touch the ground when it's folded up. It'd also be nice if it didn't lie flat on the storage area, blocking access, and instead could stay straight up.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

Incidentally has anyone seen a set of movies from the 70s and 80s called lone wolf and cub? 

About a martial arts master that travels the world searching for bad guys with his infant son in a stroller that has all sorts of weapons in it. Looks very similar to the 3 gun carts

LOL!  Necro Post

Nolan

Edited by Nolan

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 7:59 PM, Snausages32 said:

Cart.thumb.jpg.5d7713a9fadcfb1c19ddf60562d14b3e.jpg

I have this exact stroller and it works great. Paid $60 on Facebook marketplace. There's no need to spend hundreds on a cart. 3 gun is enough of a gear/arms race as it is. Put that money in your ammo budget and practice. 

• 2 months later...