Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you use to carry or haul your 3 gun gear around during a match?

I use a rugged cart. May not be “worth” the money compared to building one but I love it and all the features it has. When I decided to upgrade ALL of my 3 gun gear from guns to belt, I bought one of those as well and I love it. It saves me a lot of headache, has a nice net bag for empty mags, cooler storage, ammo storage, holds 3 long guns and anything else you can imagine. It also folds down flat and can fit in a trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with an old baby jogging stroller and after a while switched out to a Mac Sports folding utility cart. Since my brother and I travel together to matches having two strollers in our vehicles took up way to much space. The two folding carts together take up less room than one of the strollers did, the stroller however did move over rockier terrain better then the cart does.

• 3 weeks later...

I run the baby stroller also. One observation from the matches I attend is don’t get the one with a front swivel wheel (unless it can lock). I see shooters withthose swivel wheels fighting the wobble. The fixed wheels are usually larger and to turn you just tip back off the front wheel & go. 

• 2 months later...

go to garage sales and purchase a jogging stroller at a reasonable price- Walmart has clip on gun holders for your rifle and shotgun. At my age I cannot carry everything like the young guys.

Edited by verla
added more

Ive got one of these. https://www.voodootactical.net/voodoo-tactical-15-7622-56-3-gun-competition-padded-weapons-case.html

If I am traveling to a match where I can drive to stages or a short walk I just work from the car, if I have to actually hike and carry everything for the day(major match I drive to) its the voodoo bag or a jogging stroller. Its usually a toss up between the stroller and the bag on which i will take, my bag tends to stay packed with all my gear minus the guns so that tends to be my go to.

Also if I am taking new shooters to a local match I will take the stroller, I went with double gun mounts on each side so new shooters had more fun and didnt have to carry their guns as much.

Edited by sam_b

I will be using my rugged gear gun cart I use for cowboy action shooting, got it on special at a major shoot, used a custom wagon I built before that, rugged gear cart is worth every penny I spent on it!

On 7/7/2019 at 12:56 AM, James Abram said:

66314cf660136b53d540c22f124d0c92.jpg5342991fd26b49332f80d4d41733c591.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you go from pulling all that stuff to pushing it in a stroller or cart you will wonder why you never switch sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

depends upon the location of the match and the distance between stages-  modified jogging stroller if the stages are close together and you can easily walk- the trunk of your car or bed of truck if the stages are far apart and you can drive- work out of your vehicle.

Some of the pics of the modified carts above are cool and very practical. Lots of equipment is heavy- you want to save your energy for shooting the match not carrying equipment around between stages. 

• 1 month later...

Plano sells a small 10x12x12 waterproof box that has a divider inside to split in 4 quadrants. I load my mags prior to match and put 8 rifle mags (55gr) in one section. 4 (75 grn) another section and 200 rds of 9mm with 6 mags loaded in 3rd section. The 4th is for choke tubes slugs and spare parts kit. Throw that in a stroller or waggon with your guns and it'll keep you organized and fit all your ammo minus shot. It's only $20 and can be had on Amazon. Great addition! 

• 4 weeks later...

I built my own.   I use Kolpin Rhino XL gun boots and mounts.   For 3 gun they are attached, for IPSC I can remove the mounts and just have a basic cart.  The Squad loves the ammo loading bench and sometimes guys come from the neighboring bays to load mags.   lol

Kraken Fan #69

Robocart.jpg