Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO 40SW Rear Sight

cheby

Just broke the second one. The first one  - after 11K, the second  - after 8.5K. So should I replace it before every major match from now on??  Does anybody else make the rear sights for this gun that do not break?

12 minutes ago, selecw said:

I switched to fixed sights after multiple breakages of the TS adustable sights (which are different). Going into major matches it is a really good idea imho.

Well, looks like I may have to do just that. Which fixed sights do you use? CZ Custom makes some as well

16 minutes ago, cheby said:

Well, looks like I may have to do just that. Which fixed sights do you use? CZ Custom makes some as well

That’s what I went with. I like them. Very robust.

2 minutes ago, yigal said:

do u use buffer or not?

i know that lpa advertise that their rear sights hold 50k  😉.i don't know if it hold in .40.

I did. More like 5-10k in .40 imho. The roll pin splits, the blade cracks and the screw under the blade shears. Apart from that, they are great 😀

Edited by selecw

4 minutes ago, cheby said:

I don't use the buffer. Which front sight do you use with the cz custom rear? 

I can’t remember. I did need to replace it. I remember using a sight height calculator after shooting the gun with the new fixed rear. 

The buffer doesn’t make a noticeable difference in felt recoil or the way the sight tracks btw. 

3 minutes ago, selecw said:

I can’t remember. I did need to replace it. I remember using a sight height calculator after shooting the gun with the new fixed rear. 

The buffer doesn’t make a noticeable difference in felt recoil or the way the sight tracks btw. 

buffer eliminate  hard  impact between slide and frame.

5 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Use a heavier recoil spring and the buffer and I bet you stop breaking rear sights.

So what's your recommendation on the recoil spring then? I use 12#

I don't use the buffer because I'd have to replace it after each practice.  Unlike in 9mm guns the buffer doesn't last at all with 40sw 

8 minutes ago, yigal said:

i use in 9mm  tso  14lb recoil spring with buffer. pf 142

unfortunately .40 is  a  different animal. 

but as i know  every problem  in handgun can be solved.

I want a polymer lined big magwell for my TSO and Czechmate. Please solve this problem for me (for $100)....

15 minutes ago, selecw said:

I want a polymer lined big magwell for my TSO and Czechmate. Please solve this problem for me (for $100)....

i  already have ergonomic wooden grips for this with polymer magwell on my tso

and it cost much more than 100$😀

You could do this:

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.2e919122f21aaa437c506bf6de1c5c24.JPG

Or just get the fixed rear sight used on the TS, from CZ-USA.  that's how I have my TSO setup.  As an added bonus you can use it as a slide racker in a pinch

IMG_0308.JPG.4805a289fcbb84dcb8202bcfe8a08601.JPG

Edited by muncie21

12 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

You could do this:

IMG_0089.thumb.JPG.2e919122f21aaa437c506bf6de1c5c24.JPG

Or just get the fixed rear sight used on the TS, from CZ-USA.  that's how I have my TSO setup.  As an added bonus you can use it as a slide racker in a pinch

IMG_0308.JPG.4805a289fcbb84dcb8202bcfe8a08601.JPG

did you have to replace the front sight on your TSO to go along with the fixed rear sight from CZ USA? 

2 minutes ago, cheby said:

did you have to replace the front sight on your TSO to go along with the fixed rear sight from CZ USA? 

Yep, you'll want to go taller if memory serves me correct.  Since CZ-USA doesn't sell a factory TSO with fixed rear and fiber front, I had to get mine from Dawsons.  They don't have a direct match, but you can get close.

• Factory TS .40 front sight: 7.4mm (.291")
  • Dawson .195 T sight: 7.2mm (.284")
  • Dawson .215 T sight: 7.8mm (.308")

In my previous 40 ipsc standard, shooting major, I didn't destroy a buffer. I used the same one for over 15k rounds. If you're destroying buffers the buffer isn't the issue, it's your recoil spring.

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

In my previous 40 ipsc standard, shooting major, I didn't destroy a buffer. I used the same one for over 15k rounds. If you're destroying buffers the buffer isn't the issue, it's your recoil spring.

do you remember what recoil spring did you use in that pistol?

Thanks