Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my open pistol

AverageJoeShooting

https://imgur.com/1LnmMXF

I just wanted to share with everyone my open pistol for 3 gun

obviously it wont be winning any USPSA matches but, it does fine in 3 gun

I did the stippling myself and even though some people may think it looks like garbage its like grabbing two pieces of granite, i prefer function over looks

apex flat trigger, springer ez slide racker, springer magwell, springer extended mag release and of course a 3 moa venom ontop

I say if you wanna shoot open with it then do so. Why do you say 'wont be winning any uspsa matches'? Its all about who is pulling the trigger and how much practice you are willing to put in. In my opinion, if it gives you confidence, obviously it does because you built it, practice with it and bring the heat! I dont buy into everyone needs a 2011 platform to be competitive. They are probably one of the better choices but I have seen people slay the competition with m&p and glock. All about who's behind the gun.

12 hours ago, Ihrtuspsa said:

I say if you wanna shoot open with it then do so. Why do you say 'wont be winning any uspsa matches'? Its all about who is pulling the trigger and how much practice you are willing to put in. In my opinion, if it gives you confidence, obviously it does because you built it, practice with it and bring the heat! I dont buy into everyone needs a 2011 platform to be competitive. They are probably one of the better choices but I have seen people slay the competition with m&p and glock. All about who's behind the gun.

You are 100% correct! It's just a very stiff uphill battle to be competitive! 

2 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

But open is so fun. 

Open changed my life!

CO with that setup would be the exact same experience, only everyone is isn’t driving a top fueler and you’re driving a pinto. 

Interesting to see how many people try to tell other people, who they likely don’t even know, how to enjoy their lives. 

To the OP, you do you man! Have fun and be safe and ignore the BS from the trolls. 

5 minutes ago, hlpressley said:

Interesting to see how many people try to tell other people, who they likely don’t even know, how to enjoy their lives. 

To the OP, you do you man! Have fun and be safe and ignore the BS from the trolls. 

He could always shoot Limited with a revolver, but that’s not a great choice either, is it. 

Maybe our OP isn’t familiar with current USPSA rules and divisions. When someone says “I made it for 3 gun, but might play in USPSA,” it usually makes me think that USPSA is not their forté. With the subtraction of two parts, said equipment would be quite competitive in one division, as opposed to a “uphill battle” in Open. Enough logic and reasoning.

OP, keep having fun 

1 hour ago, HCH said:

CO with that setup would be the exact same experience, only everyone is isn’t driving a top fueler and you’re driving a pinto. 

Except no flared magwell? How do you even function without that? You can compete in open without a custom 2011 race gun. At a certain point it's about the shooter. 

46 minutes ago, HCH said:

He could always shoot Limited with a revolver, but that’s not a great choice either, is it. 

Maybe our OP isn’t familiar with current USPSA rules and divisions. When someone says “I made it for 3 gun, but might play in USPSA,” it usually makes me think that USPSA is not their forté. With the subtraction of two parts, said equipment would be quite competitive in one division, as opposed to a “uphill battle” in Open. Enough logic and reasoning.

OP, keep having fun 

I started shooting 3gun and realized it doesnt scratch my itch for shooting enough. Where I'm located you can find a uspsa match every weekend of the month. So why not shoot both? 

9 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

Except no flared magwell? How do you even function without that? You can compete in open without a custom 2011 race gun. At a certain point it's about the shooter. 

Practice 😂

On 3/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

The old M & P works pretty good for Jerry... 

8 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I love shooting open. Forces people to get better and is fun as hell

I shoot this in USPSA open minor class and 3gun  .. it also has a quad ported barrel. Lots of fun and it runs 100% on white box ammo. 

Screenshot_20180913-192238_Gallery.thumb.jpg.38aae7b9e37728357b25adbac9079b55.jpg