Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sights lifting up and right to 1oclock

gomerpyle

Hoping to glean some insights. As the title says, my sights lift to the 1'oclock postition before returning to the notch. it tracks fairly consistently. Should it be tracking straight up to the 12 o'clock position? is this even a problem? i am a right handed, shooting a VP9 tactical.

Ive read elsewhere on this forum that the barrel twist might be causing the lift to 1 o'clock. but I've shot a G17, an M&P 2.0, and a Sig 320 - and every time I shoot those platforms the sights track straight up and down 12 oclock......

Hoping to glean some insights. As the title says, my sights lift to the 1'oclock postition before returning to the notch. it tracks fairly consistently. Should it be tracking straight up to the 12 o'clock position? is this even a problem? i am a right handed, shooting a VP9 tactical.

Ive read elsewhere on this forum that the barrel twist might be causing the lift to 1 o'clock. but I've shot a G17, an M&P 2.0, and a Sig 320 - and every time I shoot those platforms the sights track straight up and down 12 oclock......

Return to zero is most important. however, dot should not be leaving the glass either if grip is proper. As long as you have these two elements let them lift where they go. As long as gun is ready before you're ready everything is appropriate 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, gomerpyle said:

Ive read elsewhere on this forum that the barrel twist might be causing the lift to 1 o'clock

That and your grip could be different than on the other platforms. Check to see if the twist on your barrel is right or left. And 45 will torque more than a 9mm because its radius is greater. May not matter much as long as the sights go back to where they started.