Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol *thumb rest [generic]*-UML/other multigun rule?

Per UML rules, it never mentioned about *thumb rest [generic]* not allowed in Limited or TacOp division as long as your holster cover trigger:

4. Holsters and Equipment
4.1. Handgun holsters
4.1.1. Holsters must be able to safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement.
4.1.2. T
he holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semi-automatic pistols. Revolver holsters must
completely cover the trigger and the cylinder.

Low profile pistol *thumb rest [generic]*, instead of using open pistol holster, you can still use a regular holster with little modification.

The question is it allowed or not in those divisions?

For other multigun groups, is there anything mentioned about *thumb rest [generic]* in your rules?

UML rules

6.4. Limited

6.4.1. Pistol
6.4.1.1. Custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, compensators or barrel porting are prohibited.

6.4.1.2. Magazines shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 OAL
for staggered magazines.
6.4.1.2.1. Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, will
result in the shooter being bumped to Open.

6.4.1.3. Pistol caliber shall not be changed during the event

6.5. Tactical Optics

6.5.1. Pistol
6.5.1.1. Custom or factory installed electronic sights, optical sights, compensators or barrel porting are prohibited.

6.5.1.2. Magazines shall not exceed 171.25 mm OAL (overall length) for single stacks, and shall not exceed 141.25 OAL
for staggered magazines.
6.5.1.2.1. Pistol Magazine failing the OAL inspection, after the competitor has completed one or more stages, will
result in the shooter being bumped to Open.

6.5.1.3. Pistol caliber shall not be changed during the event

Thanks Dan I think I found the answer to my question.