Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jorge Ballesteros moving to team Bul Armory (and the "Bullesteros" gun)

BenAlpha

On 3/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jfitz427 said:

I’m friends what a guy who was a top shooter in the late 80s though the 90s into the mid 2000s and he said each sponsorship was worth about 10k. Sti would give him enough parts to build like 3 guns each year. Montana gold would give him 100k bullets plus set him as a distributor for them so he could make extra money. All the guys make most of their money doing classes at 1000 bucks a day plus expenses. 

Wow. So, the world champion dumps SVI for ~10K and some bullets while Bryce Harper gets 330 million after hitting .249.  Not getting rich shooting, even at the pinnacle of the sport

46 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Wow. So, the world champion dumps SVI for ~10K and some bullets while Bryce Harper gets 330 million after hitting .249.  Not getting rich shooting, even at the pinnacle of the sport

Lol ya pro shooters do not get paid like any baseball basketball football player gets paid. Hell I think the min in football is like 400k. That’s probably more then the best shooter in the world gets. The guy I know was never world champ. He placed 6th at the 96 ipsc in Brazil individual and 1st for the US team. He always told me the goal was top 16 in the international events. So he got about 10k per sponsorship. I bet the world champs get a decent amount more then that. 

6 hours ago, mikamarj said:

How are they "better"?

i have both sets . ee set  need some  minor finish  on parts.

bul not.for me  it's was  "drop in"  set. 

EE very good set. but i prefer the other .

Edited by yigal

Infinity doesn't pay anyone cash for shooting their guns.  According to Sandy, Michael V. was their first/only paid shooter and he made around 60K back when SV first got started, though that didn't last very long.  The very top guys get free guns for their performance and they don't have to wait for their's like the rest of the Team does.  Jorge is a Police officer for his paying job.  Or at least he was back when I was part of the Team.  

Can anyone tell me why you can't get these guns in the states?  I tried calling International Firearms Corp and when I finally got a hold of them no one would call me back.  It is a shame because these seem to be a good quality gun.  I would love to test drive one if I could find one.

1 hour ago, Trentmopar said:

Can anyone tell me why you can't get these guns in the states?  I tried calling International Firearms Corp and when I finally got a hold of them no one would call me back.  It is a shame because these seem to be a good quality gun.  I would love to test drive one if I could find one.

especially  try to get guns that was at shot show  . they stays  in  US. 

i think they will be sell at reduced price.

Spain has plenty of Law enforcement agencies, some of which are citizen volunteers who work part time(part time of the year) - Guardia Civil(civil guard). It common for citizens to serve part time there. I shot a couple of L.III matches in Spain back in the day - and they explained some of this to me. That's what I remember at least, maybe I'm not being accurate.

Unlike what the majority of shooters think, and as mentioned previously in this thread - Pro Shooters have a hard life, and aren't making a lot of money in this profession. They live off sponsorship for equipment and ammo, and may get a salary from one brand or another - they rely on overseeing training and courses to people and organizations. Hence, seeing one pro shooter moving between 2 famous manufacturers, (BTW Another recent big and surprising announcement by another great shooter and big brand), or giving endorsements to accessories.

Although I fly a lot for a living, I couldn't imagine myself physically overseeing training or competing in multiple matches every several days in different parts of the world. It's hard enough as it is to change planes and fly between continents, so adding more to the physical factor...

I also remember that's Jorge's family used to import SV and STI to Spain as the official distributors - correct me if I'm wrong?

*Great guy btw.

4 hours ago, cybrosh said:

Looking at other models with the same grip, I've noticed the 2 screws on the trigger guard and a very distinct single line inside  - which may suggest the grip is actually 2 pieces.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread and can confirm it is a two piece.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, Balakay said:

Yea, that's so true..

Edited by highhope

On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

if bul wolud make them to take STI mags they would sell a lot of them

one of the club shooters  switched his STI to BUL open few weeks ago and he use in this gun his old sti  gen1 and svi mags.it works .

i checked one of sti mags in mine limited SAS2 9mm  and it fit the gun. but i didn't try it in shooting, because mag. is for 45 cal.😀

• 1 month later...

I just acquired a Bul Armory SAS II Air in .40 cal USPSA Limited from Gilbert Perez. I believe he is the US Distribution person for Bul Armory and a sponsored shooter. My Air is a well machined and smooth gun. Very detailed.  I can post later how it does for me in matches.  I moved from my 5 year never fail Limited gun, Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited.