Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for new grips

waterboy

So I've been shooting the stock rubber grips on my 929 for awhile now and I want to try something different. I want a rubber grip, without finger grooves, but the whole grip to be textured. Does anyone make something like this? Or is it possible to have a set custom made? I thinking a texture similar to what's on the M&P 2.0

If you were into wooden grips hogue already stocks grips with different style texturing, stippiling, checkering, etc etc

As far as rubber, you'd have to call up and have a custom grip made. Koppi is right, your best bet is to call and get a hold of Pat for a customer order.

4 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Or break out the Dremel! I have several that I removed most of the finger grooves.  Luckily they're cheap, as now I like the grooves!

^^This

a Sharp pocket knife will remove those finger grooves in short order. You will likely expose some of the hard plastic under the rubber. Cover that with a little truck bed liner from you favorite auto parts store. Maybe add a little silicon carbide grip if you feel so inclined. (I didn’t, but might soon)

Shape the grip to suit your preference and then order custom set that duplicates that profile. 

On 3/2/2019 at 10:43 AM, pskys2 said:

Or break out the Dremel! I have several that I removed most of the finger grooves.  Luckily they're cheap, as now I like the grooves!

2nd for dremel off the grooves.  They just didn't fit my hand and fingers naturally, but the dremel was super easy and now fits very well.

For looks I love the wood grips, but couldn't argue with the stock 929 rubber for comfort and performance.

20 hours ago, LifeisgoodSteve said:

2nd for dremel off the grooves.  They just didn't fit my hand and fingers naturally, but the dremel was super easy and now fits very well.

For looks I love the wood grips, but couldn't argue with the stock 929 rubber for comfort and performance.

I love the looks of wood grips, but to shoot extensively like I do just beats the heck out of the joint of my thumb.

Another trick is once the rubber is dremeled to your dimensions take some 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper and buff them down.  It helps take smooth them out and look better.