Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

info needed for Taccom ULW

Just got a shipping notice for my Taccom ULW w/5.25" barrel upper...  did a search for a good starting load without much success...  anyone have a recommendation for this setup ?   I have LOTS of 124gr plated bullets so that's what I would like to start with...    

tia

Whatever you use for your pistol loads will work fine as it's a similar barrel length.

Plated/Coated bullets are not recommended for the ULW.  The shroud will accumulate crud and eventually you'll end up deflecting bullets.  I know this from experience.  You can find info on various cleaning approaches on this forum, but best to use FMJ and save yourself the aggravation.

1 minute ago, longbeard said:

Whatever you use for your pistol loads will work fine as it's a similar barrel length.

Plated/Coated bullets are not recommended for the ULW.  The shroud will accumulate crud and eventually you'll end up deflecting bullets.  I know this from experience.  You can find info on various cleaning approaches on this forum, but best to use FMJ and save yourself the aggravation.

Actually better still to use a CMJ OR JHP because FMJ will eventually build up crud as well. Especially with certain powders