Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 for Carry Optics?

bishop414

I have a Glock certificate burning a hole in my safe.  Would like a new G19 for CCW but thinking MOS to play around with CO.  Currently shoot G34 in production and 3 gun.  Not sure milling a slide at this time is warranted, since I may not care for CO.

Any thoughts on the mid size gun running a dot vs G17 or G34? 

Is the Delta Point pro still the dot of choice?

Appreciate your thoughts or opinions.

So I believe that 140mm mags are allowed in CO, and if I’m correct, the 19 has a shorter grip than the 34 or 17 ( I know the mags are shorter). So I think the longer mags may extend way past the grip. I don’t know if this would be a comfort issue when shooting the pistol. I think the better choice would be a 17 MOS. And yes, observing the guys shooting CO in our local clubs, the DPP appears to be the optic of choice. Hope this helps. 

Hello: I had a G34 MOS for carry optics and now use a G17 in carry optics. I like the G17 much more than than the 34 in carry optics. I like the way the G17 cycles better with the dot on the slide. For Production I like the 34. I am using a Holosun 507C for carry optics and it is working better for me than the Vortex Viper I had. Thanks, Eric

How long have you used the Holosun? I have a Delta Point Pro on a Gen 5 MOS and use it for Carry Optics in IDPA and USPSA plus bowling pin matches and it has been totally awesome but dang it’s expensive. Like what the OP is contemplating I did use my GSSF certificate for a Blue Label Gen 5 MOS with thoughts of using it in Compact Carry in IDPA and potentially getting a red dot for Carry Optics. I’m intrigued by the Holosun.

Hello: I have over 1000 rounds through this Holosun 507C so far. I shoot 131-134PF loads with 135 and 147 grain bullets. So far not a problem at all and really like the brightness of the dot and it's crispness. It has been shot in light rain and cold weather so far. I will be putting another 150-200 rounds at this weekends match. I like the price point and so far it is holding up. The DPP around here are hit and miss but some are on open pistols and also Carry Optic ones. Thanks, Eric

On 2/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, GJM said:

Between my wife, me and two friends who seriously shoot CO, we have broken 27 Delta Point Pros in the last 18 months. Still, there is no better alternative, although we are messing with a RMS Shield, Holosun 507 and eagerly awaiting the Acro. 

What the hell are y'all doing to them, I've been running a Delta Point, and a Delta Point Pro for years and have yet to break one. I have the original delta point on a 9mm open gun and it has never given any issue. I have Cmore, Vortex Venoms, and Holosun. All have worked great. I'm putting an RMR on my G19 Gen 5 EDC.