Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Amazon is GOOD

Overscore

Here's my rant.  You have feel-good people who cry about how big businesses kill the little guy, etc.  In my opinion, this isn't the case at all.  The little guy kills himself, because he simply does not offer the same experience as the big guy (who himself started out small and won along the way).  I placed an order for a couple of gun parts on 2/20, and this was from a very popular gun manufacturer, whose guns I love very much, to the point of being a fanboy.  So, I wouldn't even call this company a "little guy."  I just today, 2/28, got my shipment notification.  Compare that experience to something like Amazon, which is really the gold standard when it comes to eCommerce.  The order would have been on my porch 6 days ago.

Sure, maybe I shouldn't expect the same experience from a smaller company as I do from Amazon.  In some ways, that's true.  But, I expect companies to constantly be improving, even if they still wind up always a few steps behind the best.  In this era of the example of Amazon, companies need to make changes or they will be left behind.  This is not a new concept.  It's how life and capitalism have worked since day one.  Everyone, and every company, and every living thing should be stepping up its game every single day.  Never expect perfection, but never be happy being the same today as you were yesterday.  Adapt or die!

For the record, the parts I ordered are things that I don't need for more than a month from now, so it's not a matter of urgency driving my own impatience.

I'm hardly a feel good kind of guy but Amazon is a predatory monopoly undercutting legit small businesses run by your neighbors and mine. They will sell at a loss in order to control the market, driving smaller competition out ~ and then all bets are off. 

When your community looses its downtown businesses and your neighborhood looses property value because your formerly Middle Class neighbors have to fire-sale their homes then it will impact you... your property value, tax base and quality of life will decline. Oh and you're already paying higher shipping rates, especially with the Post Office, because Amazon negotiated exclusive discounts based on volume which you are subsidizing. And don't think that Amazon bothered to pay taxes  this year - they didn't. But they sure did offshore their cash, hire H2b Visa holders for half the pay of an American, and automate their decently paid blue collar jobs. All while donating toad advocating for anti-2A and anti-free speech politicians who write boutique legislation for Amazon's benefit, not yours or mine. 

Sorry ban me if you must... Amazon may win the free market but they're bad for most Americans. I rather accept a little inefficiency and higher cost if it means keeping more of the Middle Class intact.  

F- Amazon. Same goes for Walmart, Harbor Freight and the big box stores. They deprive us of jobs and pass costs on to the taxpayers. 

Edited by Frankly

30 minutes ago, Frankly said:

I'm hardly a feel good kind of guy but Amazon is a predatory monopoly undercutting legit small businesses run by your neighbors and mine. They will sell at a loss in order to control the market, driving smaller competition out ~ and then all bets are off. 

When your community looses its downtown businesses and your neighborhood looses property value because your formerly Middle Class neighbors have to fire-sale their homes then it will impact you... your property value, tax base and quality of life will decline. Oh and you're already paying higher shipping rates, especially with the Post Office, because Amazon negotiated exclusive discounts based on volume which you are subsidizing. And don't think that Amazon bothered to pay taxes  this year - they didn't. But they sure did offshore their cash, hire H2b Visa holders for half the pay of an American, and automate their decently paid blue collar jobs. All while donating toad advocating for anti-2A and anti-free speech politicians who write boutique legislation for Amazon's benefit, not yours or mine. 

Sorry ban me if you must... Amazon may win the free market but they're bad for most Americans. I rather accept a little inefficiency and higher cost if it means keeping more of the Middle Class intact.  

F- Amazon. Same goes for Walmart, Harbor Freight and the big box stores. They deprive us of jobs and pass costs on to the taxpayers. 

Do you buy ALL of your shooting supplies at local gun stores?   All your food at small markets?  

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]