Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
ffgats

Bullet nose up- S2 OR

Occasionally im getting this failure to feed, (nose up) ammo, a couple of questions, could it be the extractor - too loose or tight, feed ramp needs polishing  or mags (lips and spring ) basically bnib gun less than 300 rnds, this happen 2-3 times per 100 rnds, haven’t mark which mag is doing it,  give your thoughts , thanks

Yeah, was about to edit my post, my load right now is 3.8gr of N320 and 124 Frontier RN, oal 1.140, at first I replaced the factory recoil spring15lbs  to 10 lbs hoping to cure the problem. But this load work perfectly with my older Shadow2 non OR

Occasionally im getting this failure to feed, (nose up) ammo, a couple of questions, could it be the extractor - too loose or tight, feed ramp needs polishing  or mags (lips and spring ) basically bnib gun less than 300 rnds, this happen 2-3 times per 100 rnds, haven’t mark which mag is doing it,  give your thoughts , thanks
sounds like magazine feed lips to tight causing round to move at a 90 degree pattern rather than 45 degrees. might need some tuning of the feeding lips

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

It is missing all the graphics but the text is here.  A great article on bullet profiles, COL, and feeding.  You might be able to find a copy with graphics if you are a good googler.   

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?65613-Bullet-Design-And-Feeding-Reliability-In-Semi-Automatic-Pistols

Edited by GeneBray