Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun HE510c-gr dot not crisp?

ParaGunner

Sounds like you might have astigmatism. As racknrider said above, take a picture of the dot. If it’s crisp in the pic, then that confirms your astigmatism.

In my case, a larger dot from 6 moa and bigger is crisp. Anything smaller is a star burst.

1 minute ago, hiker88 said:

Sounds like you might have astigmatism. As racknrider said above, take a picture of the dot. If it’s crisp in the pic, then that confirms your astigmatism.

In my case, a larger dot from 6 moa and bigger is crisp. Anything smaller is a star burst.

Wow, you guys are right. Looks clear in picture. My 6moa is crystal clear, the 2 moa on the holosun is blurred. Thanks for diagnosing.

4 minutes ago, ParaGunner said:

Wow, you guys are right. Looks clear in picture. My 6moa is crystal clear, the 2 moa on the holosun is blurred. Thanks for diagnosing.

Meh, just point and shoot! :eatdrink:

1 hour ago, Steve RA said:

You could also check with an eye Doctor.

Funny you mention that . My son married an eye doctor. She checked my eyes and said I had an ever so slight astigmatism. I took a picture of the dot and it is indeed perfectly round. I told her about how it looks to my naked eye which is squiggly looking starburst. She says other things can cause it as well since my astigmatism shouldn’t be bad enough. So like I said. Put the dot or blob, whatever you see, on target and shoot

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have both: astigmatism and 510C-green. I wear contacts with no correction for the astigmatism

Love the 510C.  It is on my JP PCC.

In the AZ sun the green shows up great.  Recently, at the PCC match it was very cloudy and the brightness overwhelmed my ability to see the plates.  I had to turned it down and the world was right again.  The adjustments are good on the 510C.

I have DPP on my CO guns which is nice but when Santa comes I might switch to the Holosun for my CO.  I really like the circle dot for shooting steel. 

I have noticed that my two 510c dots occasionally have the star burst look...  I have tried to figure out what was wrong and this thread finally cleared it up for me...  It never occurred to me that it might be my eyes...  Taking a picture of my dot showed a perfectly round dot...  It seems to get worse if I enlarge the dot.

I have never heard my eye doctor mention that I have astigmatism...  Is this something that could be corrected with glasses?  I wonder if it's something Brian could correct with Hunter HD Gold lenses?

44 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I have noticed that my two 510c dots occasionally have the star burst look...  I have tried to figure out what was wrong and this thread finally cleared it up for me...  It never occurred to me that it might be my eyes...  Taking a picture of my dot showed a perfectly round dot...  It seems to get worse if I enlarge the dot.

I have never heard my eye doctor mention that I have astigmatism...  Is this something that could be corrected with glasses?  I wonder if it's something Brian could correct with Hunter HD Gold lenses?

I have astigmatism and use two different sets of glasses for shooting irons and red dots. For irons, I had my eye doctor give me a prescription where I can see the front sight clearly. When I use this pair of glasses on my red dot, I see a star burst. 

For red dots, my pair of glasses made for long distance gives me a crisp round dot. 

I’m not sure though if this true for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...