Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC Limitted initial report

ccoker

Got a DVC limitted about a month ago and have put about 1k rounds through it..

Zero issues running all sorts of ammo when I first got it.

I bought a case of Speer Lawman 147 and shot my first match in several years on Saturday.

It is such an awesome pistol. Love it! Feels like you are cheating with it

Edited by ccoker
additional info

The dvc limited seem to be great guns but for a little extra you could pick up a custom gun with a metal grip unless you’re buying a dvc used. I tossed around buying a dvc or custom and ended up going with an Atlas titan. My shooting buddy has a dvc and has about 15k or so through his, ran great all season. It recently broke an ejector, guide rod and  front sight came loose. It’s at Sti now getting all fixed up for this coming match season. They are taking care of everything for him and rechroming the ejector. Top notch customer service. 

Mine has the sight island barrel.

I live in Austin and work for an IT solutions company..  got myself and my boss one in as part of data center overhaul..

I have been using a Wilson Combat Spec Ops 9, great gun and zero issues, had it for years.. but the STI is easier to shoot faster and hitting small steel plates at 25 yards is easy.. was out this morning with a buddy and he was banging 2" steel at 25 yards and was grinning..

If I was going to do a full custom I would get Aaron Hayes of Hayes Custom Guns to build it for me, known him for years.

Having said that, I am confident that STI will take care of me if I have an issue.

I have been all through their shops on numerous occasions and spoke with the guys building the guns.

They all seem genuinely motivated to build great guns.  The production manager came from Nighthawk and is driving to deliver consistency and tight tolerances.

Hadn't shot a match in several years and haven't been shooting pistols at ALL the last few years.  Pretty much use suppressors for all of my my shooting, long rang,  a lot of hog hunting with suppressed ARs and thermal, deer, etc..  

First match last weekend, I was trying to shoot accurately over fast..  one practice session of a few boxes and off to the match.

The pistol stage I found a spot where I felt confident I could hit all the steel and went to work.

Edited by ccoker

I had one before selling it to get a custom 2011...the only issue i had with mine was the front sight coming loose.  STI sent me a replacement , including FO rods.  It is a nice gun for sure and the customer service was impressive.

I have custom rifles, so, I get it..

If at some point I feel it is holding me back or my needs/requirements dicate that I need (want ??) a full custom I will go that route.

I just got a Dan Wesson Discretion threaded barrel 45 in too.

Already have a Valor. DW makes nice guns.  they should do a 2011

1 hour ago, ccoker said:

I have custom rifles, so, I get it..

If at some point I feel it is holding me back or my needs/requirements dicate that I need (want ??) a full custom I will go that route.

I just got a Dan Wesson Discretion threaded barrel 45 in too.

Already have a Valor. DW makes nice guns.  they should do a 2011

They do make a 2011 check out there website they look nice. 

oh yeah, forgot about those.. more than an STI though

I am sure they are very well done..

My Valor has ran flawlessly since day 1 with all sorts of ammo..

The Discretion will be used for silence reviews.. took it out Wednesday and it ran great, shot some pigs with it and 250g hardcase

6 minutes ago, ccoker said:

oh yeah, forgot about those.. more than an STI though

I am sure they are very well done..

My Valor has ran flawlessly since day 1 with all sorts of ammo..

The Discretion will be used for silence reviews.. took it out Wednesday and it ran great, shot some pigs with it and 250g hardcase

I’ve never owned a DW but have my eye on the ECO for a carry gun. 

My buddy is LE and they sent the team one a few years ago. 

It was basically the Valor with a rail. can't recall the model

They ran it hard (Marksmanship team), no failures.

He was pig hunting with me last week and shot a beast of one with it!