Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faxon Gen 2 BCG Firing pin difference

I was just told by my buddy that some of the primers were pierced on the Remington UMC brass (not the Blazer Brass, but that could just be dumb luck on which ammo went through which gun) he took home from my test run of my new build.

I opened up both guns, and discovered that the firing pin is different in the new BCG. 

It is tapered instead of having a shoulder, possibly causing it to travel farther out.

The new one is on top.

None of my other spare pins are like this, they all have the shoulder.

Any input is welcome 

20190226_112042.jpg

I was just told by my buddy that some of the primers were pierced on the Remington UMC brass (not the Blazer Brass, but that could just be dumb luck on which ammo went through which gun) he took home from my test run of my new build.

I opened up both guns, and discovered that the firing pin is different in the new BCG. 
It is tapered instead of having a shoulder, possibly causing it to travel farther out.

The new one is on top.

None of my other spare pins are like this, they all have the shoulder.

Any input is welcome 
20190226_112042.jpg.35f7711d9d340a232adc896765356c80.jpg
Maybe an updated design to help prevent the pin from snapping? When mine snapped it was right where the step pin is.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

The hammer springs in most of the PCC guns are sprung to light off small rifle primers(AR trigger groups). The taper is to help with pin life. The two steps are where most are breaking. I reload using CCI 550 Small pistol magnum primers, no issues.