Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open shotty dots

k1llapanda

what does everyone use on the dots for their open shotguns.

i am currently have a DPP triangle dot on my tooth and nail match 1919, this one seemed like a solid bet as far as what will work best, but how will they hold up in match ( dump barrels, slugs, etc)

it came with the jpoint circle dot, but i hated it. 

was thinking of running a holosun 510c.

any other popular options or reason to not use one  mentioned above?

On 2/26/2019 at 3:54 AM, IntenseImage said:

510c for me. Love them so figured I'd try one on the shotgun. So far so good556486821e331ac0dd1d779d1b25b76c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nice! i think i am gonna go that route eventually. gonna give the dpp a go and see how she does since i have an extra. how you liking the VR80? i have one on order through RSR when they release them. hopefully the comp and magwell come back in stock soon!

nice! i think i am gonna go that route eventually. gonna give the dpp a go and see how she does since i have an extra. how you liking the VR80? i have one on order through RSR when they release them. hopefully the comp and magwell come back in stock soon!

I wanted the biggest possible window out there which is why I went this way over a DPP or even 507c. I love the 510s in general, I think we have 6 of em at this point!

Overall the VR has been great. Working on a new upgrade now [emoji41]

2 hours ago, k1llapanda said:

is that legal for tac or is that an "open dot"

Dont know about tac but in ipsc its ok for open and std per iroa. It does not use battery nor electronics so its only a fiber optic sight w/c project the light to the glass window. In my limited experience in Open, the ring reticle is quite fast to acquire targets for bird and buck shots. For slugs i use the center dot for precise aim.

97CCB04E-7AA9-46DE-BF4A-927997BA605D.jpeg

Edited by BoyGlock

On 2/27/2019 at 7:12 PM, k1llapanda said:

is that legal for tac or is that an "open dot"

Every match I've shot, if it has a lens, it's an optic. The SeeAll sight and the Trijicon RX30 would fall into that category too. 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:16 PM, IntenseImage said:

I wanted the biggest possible window out there which is why I went this way over a DPP or even 507c. I love the 510s in general, I think we have 6 of em at this point!

Overall the VR has been great. Working on a new upgrade now emoji41.png

What upgrade???? I am still impatiently waiting for them to come in stock anywhere. And for the upgrades to come in stock!!!

What upgrade???? I am still impatiently waiting for them to come in stock anywhere. And for the upgrades to come in stock!!!
They have been hitting Davidson's and selling out within minutes. Watch GunBroker since there were 2 for $580ish buy now recently.

As for the upgrades ... Yeah no clue on that

On 3/5/2019 at 4:07 AM, jon49erfan said:

Every match I've shot, if it has a lens, it's an optic. The SeeAll sight and the Trijicon RX30 would fall into that category too. 

In a major IPSC match last year, an IROA in eqpt check ruled it to be good in Open and Standards divs. I shoot open by the way. 

I believe the most important factor is reliability w/ the SG big kick. CMore Sliderides are the most reliable in my open major pistols but didnt last long on my 1301 in my first and only try. Given time and chance I might try another one. Also Ive seen micro dots give up on some in the middle of stage runs. So for now Im in PSX1000/2000. No circuits and batteries to worry about. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been running the Deltapoint triangle on a Saiga for...not really sure, but several years. Guessing 10ish. Works great. For my gun the top of the triangle zeroed at 50 worked out to the bottom being almost perfect at 100. I’m playing around with the Holosun now but I’m less impressed. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong but the QD mount loosens up every couple hundred rounds. There will be some loctite in its future.