Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a Safariland 002 Cup holster fit a 5" 627 PC?

ysrracer

They made the 002 for different barrel lengths, but I used one for a 4" with a 4" m29 and it worked ok, then for a 5" 625 I never liked the "strap" over the front so I removed it and made an extension with a plug to hold it more secure, the strap popped off the FS a couple of times.

I then made an adapter for my CR Speed, too cheap to buy a kit, and it was ok but didn't like the insecurity when unlocked.

Finally got a Blade Tech DOH, took off the DOH adapter and cut down the top front about halfway down.  It's as fast as the CR and more secure than either of the other two.  And it was cheaper.IMG_0055b.thumb.jpg.82d5ff069d14483422d2643c1aa2e968.jpg

Edited by pskys2

23 hours ago, pskys2 said:

They made the 002 for different barrel lengths, but I used one for a 4" with a 4" m29 and it worked ok, then for a 5" 625 I never liked the "strap" over the front so I removed it and made an extension with a plug to hold it more secure, the strap popped off the FS a couple of times.

I then made an adapter for my CR Speed, too cheap to buy a kit, and it was ok but didn't like the insecurity when unlocked.

Finally got a Blade Tech DOH, took off the DOH adapter and cut down the top front about halfway down.  It's as fast as the CR and more secure than either of the other two.  And it was cheaper.IMG_0055b.thumb.jpg.82d5ff069d14483422d2643c1aa2e968.jpg

Thanks I ordered the blade tech.

33 minutes ago, pete627 said:

Just an a FYI ... Speed Beez has something that looks like a Comp-Tac w/ the front cut down ... (similar to the cut Blade Tec previously mentioned) ...

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/speed-beez-outside-waist-band-sw-627-5-inch-tactical-revolver-holster-except-v-comp-trr8-uspsa-legal-speed-rig/

It does look good and price isn't bad.

37 minutes ago, pete627 said:

Just an a FYI ... Speed Beez has something that looks like a Comp-Tac w/ the front cut down ... (similar to the cut Blade Tec previously mentioned) ...

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/speed-beez-outside-waist-band-sw-627-5-inch-tactical-revolver-holster-except-v-comp-trr8-uspsa-legal-speed-rig/

Damn, I wish I would have seen that first :)

(thanks for the tip)