Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holding mags in the hand

CoyoteMW

Write a WSB that requires ALL magazines to come from the barrels.  None can come from the mag pouch,  none can be stowed, if they want to hold an extra in their hand that is fine.  Then design the stage so that the barrels are spaced out in such a way that each division has a couple of choices for which barrels to use depending on their plan of attack.  All shooters can now solve the problem however they want with the added challenge of trying to cleanly grab and reload using a magazine that they placed ANYWHERE on the barrel.

Here is the problem.  Here are the challenges.  Now solve it.

4 minutes ago, Poppa Bear said:

Write a WSB that requires ALL magazines to come from the barrels.  None can come from the mag pouch,  none can be stowed, if they want to hold an extra in their hand that is fine.  Then design the stage so that the barrels are spaced out in such a way that each division has a couple of choices for which barrels to use depending on their plan of attack.  All shooters can now solve the problem however they want with the added challenge of trying to cleanly grab and reload using a magazine that they placed ANYWHERE on the barrel.

Here is the problem.  Here are the challenges.  Now solve it.

A better WSB is all magazines on barrel or barrels. At start signal engage targets from within the shooting area.

There was a stage at Delmarva this past year that stated all mags placed on barrels and come from barrels. They did not allow stowing of mags. I’m glad I asked specifically for the clarification before I shot the stage. This was the first time I have had a stage where I wasn’t able to stow a mag. 

3 hours ago, NickBlasta said:

As in most cases the WSB is the stick, you can usually get what you want with the stage design carrot. You could just design it so they pass the barrel anyway on the way to each position so stuffing pouches is slower.

that's why I like you so much.... You are smart, like gary stevens.  It is much more fun for everyone to just make it advantageous for most people to do it a certain way than to tell people 'achtung, ordnung muss sein, you vill do it ziss vey and ziss vey only!'. 

Sticks are for people who were too lazy to think of the right carrots in their stage design.

16 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

You can most often judge the quality of a stage by the number of words in the WSB. Quality goes down as the number of words go up.

This should be a Confucius truth right here

20 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

You can most often judge the quality of a stage by the number of words in the WSB. Quality goes down as the number of words go up.

So true. Especially since rifles need their own paragraph!