Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Gen 1 mags w/extensions

I picked up my MPX PCC the other day and got it out to shoot yesterday.  The gun came with a Gen 2 mag and I had purchased a Gen 1 (not knowing) while waiting for the MPX to arrive.  I had one malfunction with the Gen 2 in its first firing but after that no issues.  The Gen 1 gave me at least one FTF every mag.  Now I’ve read some info that says the Gen 1 mag has a stronger spring than the 2’s so will adding a mag extension cure any issues?  I’ve got two TTI extensions ready to go on but I am waiting to put them on until the gun is broke in so any issues that arise are easier to diagnose.  I will say this is the softest shooing PCC I’ve shot and look forward to really putting it through it’s paces.

It is.  I just did some feed ramp work for it so hopefully this will resolve th feed issue.  I ran 300 rounds yesterday with the Gen 2 mag running flawlessly and the Gen 1 having a couple ftf’s per mag every time on the left fed ramp.  I opened up the left side to see if this helps and then add the extensions.  The gun runs flat with easy follow up shots.  It’s PCC ready.

George16..very little material is removed.  Take off the sharp edges and polish.  A guy on arf.com did it a tutorial on it and somebody in here had some photos of what they did as well.  I am surprised a how rough the extension is from the factory for a $1,700 rifle.

they must have switched workers the day mine was made as all my feedway issues were on the right side, whereas most everyone else reports on the left. once i worked on it many or my problems went away as well. knock wood, i've shot 4 matches with my mpx now and had not a single issue.

58 minutes ago, danish said:

George16..very little material is removed.  Take off the sharp edges and polish.  A guy on arf.com did it a tutorial on it and somebody in here had some photos of what they did as well.  I am surprised a how rough the extension is from the factory for a $1,700 rifle.

Thanks. I only have one gen 1 mag so I’ll just probably sell it for cheap since my gen 2 MPX is working well with the gen 2 mags.