Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice on ammobot needed

So I’m looking to upgrade to some form of automation. Researched a bunch on ammobot and Mark 7. The Mark 7 looks great but it’s an overkill for what I need (probably around 30,000 rounds a year) so in essence I’ve decided on ammobot. Been waiting for a special or maybe even a 2nd handmachine and came across a Mk1 for sale.

I’m a believer in buying once, cry once and need advise whether it’s worth grabbing the Mk1 or whether I should rather ante up for the latest version. There’s a $400 difference

your advise .

Yes it’s worth the extra $$$. 

The latest version of Ammobot has all sorts of sensors available for it, far superior jam sensing, capable of huge speed and more. Check the Immortobot web sight and email or call them with your questions. They are more than helpful and respond quickly. 

• 2 weeks later...

You will be satisfied with the Ammobot. The latest version is the Rev 3. I run a Rev 3 and enjoy the machine. It works as advertised and there are a lot of upgrades and sensors available depending on how and what you are reloading. Customer service is excellent. Buy with confidence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn’t be happier! The best money I spent,great customer services!  High quality but yet simplified with all the right sensors ! You won’t be disappointed!

Heres a little video just running at 1140ish rounds ph. It can do much faster but for me I’m fine just chugging along. 

Thats too high for a Mk1. By the time you upgrade to Mk2 to be able to use new sensors, you could have a rev3 for very little extra. Rev2s have been selling for $600-900 according to the Ammobot facebook group. Obviously there are some outliers, but thats a good average.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/31/2019 at 4:43 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

I’d like to hear more on this.

I own both with all the sensors you can get, even a custom M7 sensor someone put together. Use to own a Forcht Autodrive as well. They both have their pros and cons.  

There is no real adjusting the index speed on the Ammotbot its just FW speed and RW speed. Where you can adjust all of that on the M7. You get a lot more sensors option on the ammobot, plus the case extractor is sweet for processing. 

Currently I process on the AB and load on the M7. 

The Forcht was a dumb autodrive with no sensors, it was an older model so dont take that as a slight he has greatly improved his automation but it is not as good as AB or M7, but it was very damn smooth considering he is basically converting the S1050 to an RL1050. My AB is on an OLD RL1050 and its a great machine. I'm happy I got the RL instead of waiting for a 1100. No warranty but who cares. 

• 3 weeks later...

M7 has always treated me great when I call. They did have a period where calling was a bit of a pain as they had a commercial and consumer extension. Doesn’t seem to have that anymore and I have never had a problem talking directly with “Tony” or “Misty”. 

They are also quick to give you a deal on sensors and their sensors far exceed other offerings. 

I am sure AB is just fine. Prices are now getting closer with M7 dropping prices significantly recently. Buy once, cry once. 

It’s great to have competition on these. 

• 1 month later...

I was actually just at the Mark 7 factory this past week and they are definitely stepping up there game and trying to jump in front of issues instead of trying to chase them which is great to see!! Misty is and always has been a great help for sure. All that said I still love my ammobot and the support they have.