Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should I get the Taccom Adj Recoil System?

Right now I am using a heavy pistol buffer and a .308 rifle spring in a Phase 5 Rifle Stock Assembly.  I was wondering if switching to the Taccom Adjustable Recoil System would reduce felt recoil or reduce the dot movement?  Does anyone have experience with this system?  I would also like to know if its worth getting the extra short stroke upgrade kit.

I have the Taccom 3 stage system in my Colt pcc. It helped a lot over the factory system. I tried the short stroke system also, but couldn't get it to function correctly so I went back to just the 3 stage system.

I tried short stroking my Stag PCC with the Taccom 3 stage system system... the trigger would not reset... I took the spacer out.. it worked ok with out it... but I prefer the Blitzkrieg better...I found it to be softer shooting...

30 minutes ago, cecil said:

I tried short stroking my Stag PCC with the Taccom 3 stage system system... the trigger would not reset... I took the spacer out.. it worked ok with out it... but I prefer the Blitzkrieg better...I found it to be softer shooting...

I had not thought about it messing with my trigger reset.  I have a CMC 9mm trigger.

I used the Taccom buffer and spring. With a Kaw BCG with weight removed. POF flat trigger.

It worked great. No problems. Added the short stroke kit and it's even better. Much better, imo.

It does chew through those waves springs. In about 1500 it starts breaking. However, mine was set up to just barely lock back. I think locking it back exacerbated the wear on that spring. I have since bought a whole pack of them for cheap and they are slightly taller. So, now it won't lock back. It feels about perfect now. Really happy with it.

I look at the wave spring as a consumable part on a race gun.

Don't want to fanboy, but I'v bought a ton of taccom products and never been disappointed. Just my opinion.

I have shot others with blitkreig and SCS and they felt great too. But never felt any "better" or flatter to me. Many ways to skin a cat.

Here is a thread I created with my experience:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/270931-taccom-shortstroke-upgrade/

I believe how much you get from the various buffer systems is somewhat load dependant, but in general the Taccom system is beneficial and with the short stroke it's even better. I can't compare it to other brands though.

If you are using this PCC for matches you will be best served by developing a fairly light load to push a fairly light bolt. The buffer system is a bit secondary to that as far as overall impact on impulse. 

I use a Taccom3 system with the short stroke kit, very soft shooting and I have never had a trigger issue.

I read on here many instances of trigger problems with different buffer set ups. Most seem to be with drop in triggers. I'm not quite sure why, mine is a modified mil spec trigger with a bad ass polish job and Kaw Valley blue springs. Very user friendly !

47 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

I use a Taccom3 system with the short stroke kit, very soft shooting and I have never had a trigger issue.

I read on here many instances of trigger problems with different buffer set ups. Most seem to be with drop in triggers. I'm not quite sure why, mine is a modified mil spec trigger with a bad ass polish job and Kaw Valley blue springs. Very user friendly !

I think the trigger reset issues are as much due to the part of the bolt that rides over the trigger as they are the hammer profile. Specifically the ramp length. I had issues with a RRA 2 stage NM trigger resetting with the ATI bolt and the Taccom 3 stage buffer. The last stage was impeding the bolt's full travel. Unless ;the bolt traveled to the end of the buffer tube, spring fully compressed, the trigger would have reset issues. Specifically, it would not reset if the trigger was held back. 

Changing to the Taccom buffer corrected this issue, it now functions perfectly.